Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is just the AC clutch activating. You can hear the radiator fans kicking on and off when it is engaged as well.
you mean the knocking sound is normal? because there were two sounds that can be heard. i presume the other one is the AC clutch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you mean the knocking sound is normal? because there were two sounds that can be heard. i presume the other one is the AC clutch.
I just listened to it again.The clicking sound that goes along with the fans kicking on is the AC clutch engaging. The "Snap" sound that lines up with the timestamps you noted didn't sound unusual to me at first as I think one of my cars AC's has sounded like that, forgetting which one. It seems to line up with the AC clutch disengaging but I just checked mine and the engage part sounds exactly the same. The disengage part where you have a "Snap" sound is not the same as mine. There is no noise on mine when it disengages, only when it engages. I have a 2018 but do you have a 2019 like mothobhap?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just listened to it again.The clicking sound that goes along with the fans kicking on is the AC clutch engaging. The "Snap" sound that lines up with the timestamps you noted didn't sound unusual to me at first as I think one of my cars AC's has sounded like that, forgetting which one. It seems to line up with the AC clutch disengaging but I just checked mine and the engage part sounds exactly the same. The disengage part where you have a "Snap" sound is not the same as mine. There is no noise on mine when it disengages, only when it engages. I have a 2018 but do you have a 2019 like mothobhap?
what is a mothobhap?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts