Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so tired of inadvertently setting off the alarm on my 2012 Pilot. If the key fob is in my pants pocket and I bend over, sit down or bump into anything the alarm goes off. Is there any way to disable the panic button, but leave the other buttons functional? The one "hack" I tried rendered ALL the buttons inoperative. Can anyone suggest a work-around?
Thanks.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I'm so tired of inadvertently setting off the alarm on my 2012 Pilot. If the key fob is in my pants pocket and I bend over, sit down or bump into anything the alarm goes off. Is there any way to disable the panic button, but leave the other buttons functional? The one "hack" I tried rendered ALL the buttons inoperative. Can anyone suggest a work-around?
Thanks.
Take the FOB apart and remove the red plastic button. Put it back together an cover the hole with tape.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Take the FOB apart and remove the red plastic button. Put it back together an cover the hole with tape.
Something similar to this is what I was going to suggest.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Another suggestion would be to use a clip and secure your key to your belt loop instead of putting it in your pocket.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
My solution was a simple one. I moved everything from my right front pocket except the fob for my vehicle to my left front pocket. Now there is nothing in that pocket to set it off.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Wear pocket-less pants

it's the only sure way to fix this issue
Is this your method of telling us you are so ripped that you thigh muscles set off the panic alarm. 😆 I'm old so my thighs don't set off the alarm, plus I don't wear skin tight pants anymore either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for your suggestions and interest. I solved the problem by simply removing the red button, but I'm still having problems squeezing into those "skin tight" jeans that we old geezeres so often wear!!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I solved the problem by simply removing the red button, but I'm still having problems squeezing into those "skin tight" jeans that we old geezeres so often wear!!
If you’re going out like this then the best solution is a fanny pack....lol
56E9191C-DAF0-427A-A0C0-A9129783DFFE.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts