Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I've got a 2016 Pilot 46kmiles and started to see the same issue "KEYLESS START SYSTEM PROBLEM". But as with any INTERMITTENT issue, Im not going to hand it to a mechanic to TRY expensive repairs not knowing the true root-cause (and also how would I know when its finally FIXED?) .
Starting still works, however.

Replaced battery in fob TWICE and also my wife's fob. Still having the error pop-up every third time I'm driving.

Also: Keyless feature in settings: "WALK-AWAY AUTO LOCK" doesn't work anymore and is NOT INTERMITTENT! (this is a safety issue as I've become used to this feature and now have to remember to lock my doors manually (w/ fob)

<<<Mezab & Sayid >>> Was your error intermittent? How do you KNOW the push-button solved the issue if it was intermittent in the first place? How long have you gone without another error?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was able to fix the KEYLESS START SYSTEM PROBLEM by replacing p/n 35881-TG7-702. It only cost $71 including shipping.

I made a video in case you need instructions on how to perform this fix. Youtube link here:

Still fixed? Did you have the walk-away auto lock feature stop working also?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My invoice says “special order part, replace start/stop switch for code B12C5 diagnosed at last visit. FP Number 35881-TG7-702.”

As I said, it fixed the problem! The dealership had said that if it didn’t fix the problem, there was another part that they would replace. However everything worked fine after they replaced the first part.
  • How much did it cost to fix this problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Honda Pilot 2016. I have the message (Keyless Entry System Problem). The walk-away door auto lock feature stopped working. My dealer successfully fixed the problems:

Pay attention to the followings:

• When the dealer scans your car, nothing will be detected!.
  • My dealer replaced the unit coded: 35881-TG7-A03 SW ASSY START STO (this is how it appears on my invoice)
  • After installment of the new unit, the dealer re-programmed all the keys (driver 1 and driver 2).
Things went back to normal:The alert message is gone and the walk-away auto-lock feature successfully became functional again.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Honda Pilot 2016. I have the message (Keyless Entry System Problem). The walk-away door auto lock feature stopped working. My dealer successfully fixed the problems:

Pay attention to the followings:

• When the dealer scans your car, nothing will be detected!.
  • My dealer replaced the unit coded: 35881-TG7-A03 SW ASSY START STO (this is how it appears on my invoice)
  • After installment of the new unit, the dealer re-programmed all the keys (driver 1 and driver 2).
Things went back to normal:The alert message is gone and the walk-away auto-lock feature successfully became functional again.

I hope this helps.

I have a 2016 Honda pilot with 57K miles, My walk away auto locking is not working for more than a month now. Now the Keyless entry system error happened 4-5 times now. I just turn the car off, open door -> shut door -> lock -> unlock-> open door then shut-> start car just to remove the error from dash.

I wanna take it to Honda and get it check. I check here first just to see what the possible problem and solution.

Thanks for posting the details of your problem. I have the Honda care extended warranty...Did you get it fix under warranty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My problem was fixed under warranty. I have 49K miles.

I would like to add the followings:
  • Changing batteries won't fix the problem. There is a different message that comes out when the batteries are low.
  • Changing the vehicle settings won't fix the problem either.
  • When the dealer scans your car, nothing will be detected. Therefore, the dealer will turn you away. I recommend that you focus on the (walk away auto-lock) feature that disappears along with this message. Ask the technician to test it by himself and ask to fix this feature.
  • Once the dealer replaces the part whose code I posted before, the message disappears and the feature of (walk away auto-lock) comes back, as normal. Without changing this part, the problem won't be fixed.
  • Bring all your keys with you because they have to be re-programmed.
All the best.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts