Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's not about the part. It's about Honda doing what they should to make this right. To have a Honda mechanic tell me they don't know what it is and it will cost me $150 more dollars (in addition to the $70 I already spent) to troubleshoot it is not acceptable. If it is the autostart button I'd be happy. Many Piloteers say that replacing the button didn't fix the issue.
Dude..I don't know the area of where you live for second hand shops .. but we have a spot on HONDA/ACURA shop and they've saved me THOUSANDS on fixing stuff that my local shop down the street was like "aw yeah yer catalytic convertors are toast, only a 1000..... plus to fix the MIL light and cat code"

the BETTER shop quoted me under 300 for an EGR service..
find and get better service..
dealerships are really just parts switchers, not hard core failure/broken part finders

·
Registered
9 Posts
My walk away lock feature had not worked in a long time and the Keyless Start Error message used to be intermittent. Finally, the message was essentially permanent. I read all the posts but brought it to the dealer to have it assessed. All they did was reset the error and it came back and indicated that I had to pay a $165 CDN diagnostic fee. I just ordered a button from Amazon for $90 and replaced it.

The error code went away but my walk away lock is still not working. I disconnected the battery like some said to do and I tried that but it did not bring back the walk away lock feature. I tried the hold the brake down for 30 seconds, etc but also did not bring back the work away lock feature. I disabled it and re-enabled it... no luck. I've disabled it and left it disabled. Will try to re-enable it tomorrow and see. Just a recap, when the walk away lock is enabled, it will sense that you have left and have the key and beeps once... but will not beep a second time to actually lock the car. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
402 Posts
Will try to re-enable it tomorrow and see. Just a recap, when the walk away lock is enabled, it will sense that you have left and have the key and beeps once... but will not beep a second time to actually lock the car. Any other ideas?
I just use the lock button on the fob, that way I am sure that the car is locked. Some have mentioned that a cell phone can cause interference if it is near the fob when you walk away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was a flawless feature for the first 2-3 years, cell phone or not... now it does not work at all. I'm just wondering if there is any other "reset" procedure I can use after replacing the Push Button Start that may re-activate the feature.

·
Registered
402 Posts
This was a flawless feature for the first 2-3 years, cell phone or not... now it does not work at all. I'm just wondering if there is any other "reset" procedure I can use after replacing the Push Button Start that may re-activate the feature.
Some have had luck resetting things by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and then reconnecting it. You may have to go back into the settings and enable it again. Also did you replace the button with a genuine Honda part or was it a knock off? I took my old switch apart and it is quite complex inside with an RF pick up and a lot of IC's so it's possible the walk away feature may not work with a non Honda button. The new switch was $130 cdn at the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some have had luck resetting things by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and then reconnecting it. You may have to go back into the settings and enable it again. Also did you replace the button with a genuine Honda part or was it a knock off? I took my old switch apart and it is quite complex inside with an RF pick up and a lot of IC's so it's possible the walk away feature may not work with a non Honda button. The new switch was $130 cdn at the dealer.
Thanks! Yeah, I ordered an Amazon knock off and just initiated a return and picking up the new switch today. Will try the new switch from Honda and disconnect the battery and see how that goes...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, I ordered an Amazon knock off and just initiated a return and picking up the new switch today. Will try the new switch from Honda and disconnect the battery and see how that goes...
Ok to report back, I can confirm that with the Original Honda Start button... the Walk Away Lock is fixed!

I tried disconnecting my battery 3 times with the Amazon cheapo made in China switch and no bueno.

Returned it to Amazon and paid the 30% premium for the OEM Honda, which isnt that bad really. Disconnected the battery and it now works. The part number is also revision A03 so maybe it will not degrade like the original A01 did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ok to report back, I can confirm that with the Original Honda Start button... the Walk Away Lock is fixed!

I tried disconnecting my battery 3 times with the Amazon cheapo made in China switch and no bueno.

Returned it to Amazon and paid the 30% premium for the OEM Honda, which isnt that bad really. Disconnected the battery and it now works. The part number is also revision A03 so maybe it will not degrade like the original A01 did.

Glad the Honda button worked out. Those cheapo buttons are probably a basic setup and don't include the circuitry for the walk away locking. Did you notice that the genuine Honda part is made in Mexico just like the original?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad the Honda button worked out. Those cheapo buttons are probably a basic setup and don't include the circuitry for the walk away locking. Did you notice that the genuine Honda part is made in Mexico just like the original?
Yeah, I suspect you are correct. It was made in mexico. Some of the markings were the same but some were completely different so it was definitely updated. Time will tell. So very happy the walk away lock works! I feel so lucky now! Even though it was standard, being without it for so long makes me appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same problem “keyless start system problem” anyone resolve this problem? Dealer called me and they said I have to change the wireless internal unit and it costs $365. Any experience with this? Mine touring 2016

·
Registered
402 Posts
Have you replaced the start/stop button? I had the same problem and just replaced the button myself and no more problems and the walk away locking is working fine. It's only a $120CDN part and 15 mins to replace it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the error message intermittently, The fix I found was to simply use the remote auto start feature. after starting it remotely I can start it normally for weeks, but of course the error light returns again eventually.

I am wondering if it is a battery issue. Has anyone had the issue go away with a new battery?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have the error message intermittently, The fix I found was to simply use the remote auto start feature. after starting it remotely I can start it normally for weeks, but of course the error light returns again eventually.

I am wondering if it is a battery issue. Has anyone had the issue go away with a new battery?
Not a battery issue in the car or in the remote. You will probably have to replace the start/stop button. It's an easy fix, but use the Honda part not a cheapo Chinese knockoff.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts