Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just had the same problem. The light just came on. Turned car off. Wait 20 min and started again... this time light does not appear... WTF

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
402 Posts
We just had the same problem. The light just came on. Turned car off. Wait 20 min and started again... this time light does not appear... WTF
It will do that intermittently then will get worse. Ours was doing it for a couple of months then I changed the start button and no more problems. It's a 10 min job to change it and you only need a phillips screwdriver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with the keyless starting issues for more than 4months and i think it has something to do with the foot brake.
This might work if you guys wanted to try. Before you turn off the engine press the foot brake or parking brake, give it a least 30 seconds to reset and then start the engine again, see if the message go away.. Its been a week now and message has not come back yet. Hope this solves your problem too.
Hi, I did this and so far the warning went away. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It will do that intermittently then will get worse. Ours was doing it for a couple of months then I changed the start button and no more problems. It's a 10 min job to change it and you only need a phillips screwdriver.
how long has it been since you changed the button. i read some people got that button changed at the dealer and it didn't fix the error.

·
Registered
402 Posts
how long has it been since you changed the button. i read some people got that button changed at the dealer and it didn't fix the error.
It has been over a month and no more errors have popped up since.

·
Registered
2016 Pilot Touring
1 Posts
My Walk Away Lock stopped working then shortly after I started getting Keyless Start System error messages. I replaced the start/stop button and it seemed to fix the Keyless Start System error but the Walk Away Lock was still not working. I unhooked the battery for 30 minutes then hooked it back up and the Walk Away Lock started working again. Thanks everyone for the help. 2016 Pilot Touring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with the keyless starting issues for more than 4months and i think it has something to do with the foot brake.
This might work if you guys wanted to try. Before you turn off the engine press the foot brake or parking brake, give it a least 30 seconds to reset and then start the engine again, see if the message go away.. Its been a week now and message has not come back yet. Hope this solves your problem too.
I was happy to find the brake trick worked for me. It was about a month ago that the keyless system warning light came on for my 2016 pilot. Held the brake down for about a minute before turning off the car and like magic the light was gone when I turned the car back on. However today the warning light came back on. I did the brake trick and it’s gone again. We shall see how long this keeps working to reset the issue but for now I’m happy to not have to resort to the dealership!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2016 Honda Pilot - the error message comes and goes intermittently for the past several months. I don't see any impact on the vehicle in its actual performance, but have no idea what may be happening unseen in the computer and/or engine, which is frightening. I just filed a complaint with the NHTSA and would encourage others to do the same. Maybe Honda will address it if enough complaints are made. I have an appointment to have it looked at next week.
Thanks for your comments and filed my complaint with NHTSA. This has been an ongoing problem for at least 6 months. I don't understand why Honda is not correcting the problem and issuing a recall. Dollars or not, best spent money for Honda to stand behind their product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 Pilot also. Last week the Autostart/Stop button light came on. My advisor at Honda of Decatur said he thinks some kind of animal (or critter as he said) is responsible for the error...really? NOT even feasible. So, he thinks ALL the Pilots have an animal in the car chewing wires because he said he had seen others recently with the same problem. I will also file a complaint with NHTSA. This is clearly a defect and Honda better make this right for all of us.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got my Pilot back after 3 days sitting at the dealership. They replaced “keyless internal unit” and the the error went away. Today the error pops up again. Looks like they didn’t fix the issue. Will have to bring it back again. Mine has 35k miles on it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most likely is the control unit that went kaput. That's an expensive part that dealer may charge $400+ for the part alone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2016 Pilot also. Last week the Autostart/Stop button light came on. My advisor at Honda of Decatur said he thinks some kind of animal (or critter as he said) is responsible for the error...really? NOT even feasible. So, he thinks ALL the Pilots have an animal in the car chewing wires because he said he had seen others recently with the same problem. I will also file a complaint with NHTSA. This is clearly a defect and Honda better make this right for all of us.
Was told the same thing but there's no critter. The control unit, which is a very expensive part that cost over $400 went bad. Good thing that I have a Honda Care Extended warranty because the problem arose shortly after the 3 year factory warranty expired. The car is still at the shop waiting for this part.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Was told the same thing but there's no critter. The control unit, which is a very expensive part that cost over $400 went bad. Good thing that I have a Honda Care Extended warranty because the problem arose shortly after the 3 year factory warranty expired. The car is still at the shop waiting for this part.
Did they replace the start/stop button first? It's only a $70 part and a 10 min job to replace it.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did they replace the start/stop button first? It's only a $70 part and a 10 min job to replace it.
No. They did not replace it. I have a mechanic who can do that but I'm not sure thats the issue. I have contacted Honda about all of our issues. The representative called me but I missed the call. Said she would call again next week so we shall see what happens.
The brake pedal worked to turn light off. My locks won't work, though. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
12 Posts
you do have an override with the fobs.. hold the fob by the STOP/START button for a few seconds.. it is for when the batts are flat in the fobs
annoying but it is a fallback OH S*** fix

·
Registered
402 Posts
No. They did not replace it. I have a mechanic who can do that but I'm not sure thats the issue. I have contacted Honda about all of our issues. The representative called me but I missed the call. Said she would call again next week so we shall see what happens.

The brake pedal worked to turn light off. My locks won't work, though. Thanks for the tip!
After I got the Keyless start problem message, I did a full scan for error codes and I got a B12C5 code which is a stop/start switch fault. Replaced the switch and all has been well for several months now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am so disappointed with this problem we are ALL having. I will have to trade my Pilot if Honda won't repair it. I absolutely love my Pilot and have wanted one for years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not about the part. It's about Honda doing what they should to make this right. To have a Honda mechanic tell me they don't know what it is and it will cost me $150 more dollars (in addition to the $70 I already spent) to troubleshoot it is not acceptable. If it is the autostart button I'd be happy. Many Piloteers say that replacing the button didn't fix the issue.

101 - 120 of 134 Posts