Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same issue after my "walk away lock feature" stopped working . the stealerships did a reset of the unit and it works now and no errors but its been only 2 days lets see if it holds up
Did this end up holding? We're having the same problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was able to fix the KEYLESS START SYSTEM PROBLEM by replacing p/n 35881-TG7-702. It only cost $71 including shipping.

I made a video in case you need instructions on how to perform this fix. Youtube link here:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I had the same problem I replaced the push start button and it took care of the problem. Add this to another known Honda defect that Honda Motors of America denies that it exists (no TSB). I wonder how many of these switches have flown of the shelves recently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have also had this issue for the last 7-8k miles. Goes on/off after a day or so. At 44k right now. 2016 Pilot. Just got done dealing with the emission systems problem. Service advisor seemed to be familiar with the keyless system issue and said they usually have to replace the start button. Not happen to have 2 defects at this mileage

·
Registered
1 Posts
so the problem showed up last week on my 2016 Pilot and called the dealership today to get it checked. While talking to them something clicked when I said, "I haven't tried starting the vehicle using the Keyless starter in a while. And so I did and it took away the warning sign on my dash. I then cancelled my appointment this afternoon.
Just try starting the vehicle using the remote starter.
Let me know of any results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried that with my 2016 Honda Pilot and got the error message to go away. However, I’m not too hopeful that it is a permanent fix. The walk away auto lock stopped working a short time after I was getting the Keyless Start System Problem error message. That still doesn’t work. I keep making appointments and then canceling them because the error message comes and goes. The suggestion about stepping on the brakes hard consistently made the error message go away. My husband said I could break the brake line so I stopped that. I love the vehicle but I am starting to hate it because of this annoyance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried that with my 2016 Honda Pilot and got the error message to go away. However, I’m not too hopeful that it is a permanent fix. The walk away auto lock stopped working a short time after I was getting the Keyless Start System Problem error message. That still doesn’t work. I keep making appointments and then canceling them because the error message comes and goes. The suggestion about stepping on the brakes hard consistently made the error message go away. My husband said I could break the brake line so I stopped that. I love the vehicle but I am starting to hate it because of this annoyance.
Update: the Keyless Start System Problem error message returned and now using the remote start doesn’t make it go away. I guess I’ll have to make another appointment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to fix the KEYLESS START SYSTEM PROBLEM by replacing p/n 35881-TG7-702. It only cost $71 including shipping.

I made a video in case you need instructions on how to perform this fix. Youtube link here:

Hi 👋🏼. Can you tell me where you purchased the push start?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The information and link to the online store where I made the purchase is found in the Youtube video description.
Did you also have the auto lock as you walk away stop working? If so, did this fix it also? I am having the keyless error and the lock issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with the keyless starting issues for more than 4months and i think it has something to do with the foot brake.
This might work if you guys wanted to try. Before you turn off the engine press the foot brake or parking brake, give it a least 30 seconds to reset and then start the engine again, see if the message go away.. Its been a week now and message has not come back yet. Hope this solves your problem too.
Great, I will prepare myself ahead of any inconvenience. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with the keyless starting issues for more than 4months and i think it has something to do with the foot brake.
This might work if you guys wanted to try. Before you turn off the engine press the foot brake or parking brake, give it a least 30 seconds to reset and then start the engine again, see if the message go away.. Its been a week now and message has not come back yet. Hope this solves your problem too.
This has worked for me, espejoramil, thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I followed Mezab’s instruction today and replaced the button bought from https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Hopefully the problem won’t come back. Finger crossed

Thanks Mezab.

The part number is actually 35881-TG7-A03 which replaces the old 702 which is why it fixes the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have Honda Pilot 2016. I have the message (Keyless Entry System Problem). The walk-away door auto lock feature stopped working. My dealer successfully fixed the problems:

Pay attention to the followings:

• When the dealer scans your car, nothing will be detected!.
  • My dealer replaced the unit coded: 35881-TG7-A03 SW ASSY START STO (this is how it appears on my invoice)
  • After installment of the new unit, the dealer re-programmed all the keys (driver 1 and driver 2).
Things went back to normal:The alert message is gone and the walk-away auto-lock feature successfully became functional again.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's Pilot was getting the same "Keyless Start System Problem" error message. After reading this thread i was thinking this was going to be a challenge to fix. I went to Autozone and purchased a new battery for the keyfob. BAM, fixed...

It's been 24 hours since the error message went away. I will be sure to post and update it the error returns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's Pilot was getting the same "Keyless Start System Problem" error message. After reading this thread i was thinking this was going to be a challenge to fix. I went to Autozone and purchased a new battery for the keyfob. BAM, fixed...

It's been 24 hours since the error message went away. I will be sure to post and update it the error returns.
Error message came back after 2 days of driving...

41 - 57 of 57 Posts