Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 38000 miles on a 2016 Pilot EX-L. I recently began getting a Keyless Start System Problem error message in the instrument cluster. I have tried both fobs and I have checked all of the fuses. Problem still persists. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so. The problem went away for about a day, but came back. Wondering what else to try before taking to the dealer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have 38000 miles on a 2016 Pilot EX-L. I recently began getting a Keyless Start System Problem error message in the instrument cluster. I have tried both fobs and I have checked all of the fuses. Problem still persists. I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so. The problem went away for about a day, but came back. Wondering what else to try before taking to the dealer. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like it may be a Key Fob battery needing replaced. I treat my fob like the smoke detectors in the house and change the batteries every "Fall back" just for safe measures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried new batteries. Still there. Took it to the dealer and they reset the code. I highly doubt it will ?fix? the problem. Time will tell...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Tried new batteries. Still there. Took it to the dealer and they reset the code. I highly doubt it will ?fix? the problem. Time will tell...
i had the same issue after my "walk away lock feature" stopped working . the stealerships did a reset of the unit and it works now and no errors but its been only 2 days lets see if it holds up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing. I turned on the Auto Lock feature for the doors for the first time today. When I get out of the car, the car beeps once, but the locks never "lock". I have tried both fobs and the same thing. All I get is one beep, no matter what I do. Maybe the two are tied together???? I called the dealer and Honda America. Hopefully someone can help????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer replaced the push to start button. Error message went away. The walk away auto lock still doesn?t work though

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m at a Honda dealership for the exact problem “keyless start system problem “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Pilot back after 3 days sitting at the dealership. They replaced “keyless internal unit” and the the error went away. Today the error pops up again. Looks like they didn’t fix the issue. Will have to bring it back again. Mine has 35k miles on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got my Pilot back after 3 days sitting at the dealership. They replaced “keyless internal unit” and the the error went away. Today the error pops up again. Looks like they didn’t fix the issue. Will have to bring it back again. Mine has 35k miles on it.

Still having the other problem with the auto idle-stop where the car won't restart?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, dealer found nothing wrong. I just have to deal with it by turning it off after every start

That sucks. If you haven't already done so, submit a report to NHTSA at https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Trying to get everyone who has had this issue to report it so maybe they will investigate it.

I'm picking my car up today after a couple weeks at the shop to replace the battery and repair some front end damage. Will report back if still have the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has been doing that for about 3 weeks now and its at 38,000 miles the same as you. I took it into the dealer today to have them inspect it. The inspection cost is $135. After two hours of them inspecting it, they called and said the push button start was giving it the issue of that. But when that happened, the walk away lock feature and the auto lock doesn't work. Now they are saying they have to replace the push button and it cost around $307 since my car is over the warranty period. Im Kinda surprised to see many other people having the same issue. Funny thing this morning too, another pilot owner came in today at the same time as me and has the same issue. Don't know if this is a issue that will spread to all 2016 pilots or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has been doing that for about 3 weeks now and its at 38,000 miles the same as you. I took it into the dealer today to have them inspect it. The inspection cost is $135. After two hours of them inspecting it, they called and said the push button start was giving it the issue of that. But when that happened, the walk away lock feature and the auto lock doesn't work. Now they are saying they have to replace the push button and it cost around $307 since my car is over the warranty period. Im Kinda surprised to see many other people having the same issue. Funny thing this morning too, another pilot owner came in today at the same time as me and has the same issue. Don't know if this is a issue that will spread to all 2016 pilots or not.
I have the same issue with the keyless starting issues for more than 4months and i think it has something to do with the foot brake.
This might work if you guys wanted to try. Before you turn off the engine press the foot brake or parking brake, give it a least 30 seconds to reset and then start the engine again, see if the message go away.. Its been a week now and message has not come back yet. Hope this solves your problem too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Interested in your results on this. I haven't experienced it yet; but, I'd like to know the remedy ahead of time if it does come up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is definitely a defect. I got the same issue. Dealer replaced the push button and internal keyless unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine Got Worse

I had the same problem. I replaced the battery in the key fob and the message went away for one day. The next day EVERY trouble light came on... Key-less remote system trouble, Power Steering system trouble, traction control system trouble, Uphill parking assist system trouble, Trailer hitch connection system trouble (I don't even have the last two features but they are having trouble), Life support system failing, Warp core system trouble, Landing gear won't come down... You name it.

Pilot has been in the shop for 3 days now. No definite explanation as to what is wrong yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE...

Pilot was in the shop for 5 days. Just picked it up and the same problem started up again within one hour. They replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensor

Very frustrating to say the least

·
Registered
35 Posts
UPDATE...

Pilot was in the shop for 5 days. Just picked it up and the same problem started up again within one hour. They replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensor

Very frustrating to say the least
It’s strange that they replaced camshaft and sensor.
I had the same issue and they first replaced the keyless “internal” unit. That didn’t fix the issue. The second time they receiving unit. And that finally fixed the issue. Mine is a 2016 Touring.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts