Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

Has anybody had issues with the Honda Keyless fob malfunctioning after changing the batteries in it? I have a 2017 Pilot and the batteries only seem to last 1 year max (for both the main fob I use, and the spare inside my house). After changing the batteries in each fob, I continuously have issues with both fobs that they seem to lose "power" or contact with the battery here and there. For example the fob will work fine for days, then all of a sudden it has no power and wont unlock the car via touching the door handle, or by using the fob buttons. I soon discovered that my tapping the fob on a hard surface seems to fix it, so it's like something is loose inside. I've since changed the batteries again, and still the same issue. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing? Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
you should have Honda to take a look at it. i have a 2016 honda pilot and i had never changed my battery yet to this day on my key fob and im only using driver 1 the whole time. When you start up the car does it throw a message on your dash board saying that you need to replace the battery on the key fob. if not then there is something wrong with your key fob because your battery should not drain that fast for you to replace it. you said that you have to hit or tap on the key fob to unlock the door? maybe something is lose inside you key fob or not making contact because without the battery you can still start up your car even tho the battery is complete dead on the key fob.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Does the car still start with the key issue? If it doesn't, you should try the backup method for starting the car. If you don't know how to do it, you unlock the car with the physical key inside the fob, place the back of the fob on the engine start/stop button for 3 seconds, and then press the brake and engine start/stop button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts