Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compared to several other keyless entry systems I've had over the years, the Pilot's seems to be "lazy". You really have to be within 50 feet of the car and systematically push the unlock buttons to get the drivers door to unlock and then the remaining doors. Too many times I've ghone through the exercise in the house (via a window etc.) and gone out to the car to find it still locked. Is it just me? Seems to sensitive to timing and distance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've unlocked my Pilot from inside the house many times. I'd guess I'm within 50 feet of the Pilot. I'll try it from within the house while the car is parked across the street, maybe 100 feet?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Relock

If I'm not mistaken, the Pilot's system, like many, has an automatic relock if a door is not opened in a set amount of time.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Re: Relock

sillec said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Pilot's system, like most, has an automatic relock if a door is not opened in a set amount of time.
You are not mistaken. It will relock in about 1 minute (if I'm not mistaken)

Here's one thing to try. Touch the key fob to the under side of you chin and try. You should get a lot more range. Not sure why.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Range depends on a lot of things including the amount of interference (EMI, RFI) the vehicle is near. I can normally unlock or unlock the doors from 50 or so feet (maybe more, I haven't tried). For example if I'm downtown Boston during the day sometimes it doesn't work until I'm just outside the door. My Mountaineer sometimes wouldn't work at all, they had to add a range extender (antenna). The issue you may be experiencing unlocking it from inside is the 30 second re-lock. If no door is opened within 30 seconds they will re-lock.
Lastly, everyone has a radio transmitter extender built into them (no kidding). If your out of normal range you put the transmitter up to your chin and open your mouth widely (yes really, but not at the Mall or any similar public place) facing your car and press the button.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i think this relock feaqture is great really it prevents you accidentally unlocking the doors putting the remote in your pocket but if you phisically open the doors whithin 30 seconds the doors stay unlocked. this is in the owners manual by the way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
FSDO said:
i think this relock feaqture is great really it prevents you accidentally unlocking the doors putting the remote in your pocket but if you phisically open the doors whithin 30 seconds the doors stay unlocked. this is in the owners manual by the way.
Yes,Relocking is really great feature.Sometimes my kids play with the keys and I have no worry about that they may accidently unlock the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Remote range

Perhaps my unit is unusual, but I can (and have) unlocked and locked my Pilot from the 11th floor of my building, with the parking lot across the street and the car on the other side of the large lot. I played a trick on a co-worker who was checking out my car while I was watching from inside the building and through the window. I routinely unlock my car from much more than 50 feet away, usually it re-locks itself before I can get to it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My civic works the same way . I think it's standard in honda key less entry.
I don't like one thing about my civic , it is not automatically getting closed while i am driving and lots of time i forget to close the door . I think it should get close, if driver forgets to close the door of the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts