Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got two Hondas (swapped out a '94 Explorer for the Pilot), it's not easy (read impossible) to determine if I'm grabing the key+fob of the Pilot or the '01 Accord out of my pocket.

Is it possible to have my dealer combine the entry code on the Pilot and the Accord so I'd only need one fob and could put both the Pilot & Accord keys on the same ring with the fob?

Roger

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'd put a small dab of touch-up paint on each key fob. Unless your Hondas are both the same color, that is. Do you drive them both regularly? I decided I'd rather unlock DH's truck with the key on the rare times I drive it, instead of lugging two key fobs around.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
rkpeck said:
Now that I've got two Hondas (swapped out a '94 Explorer for the Pilot), it's not easy (read impossible) to determine if I'm grabing the key+fob of the Pilot or the '01 Accord out of my pocket.

Is it possible to have my dealer combine the entry code on the Pilot and the Accord so I'd only need one fob and could put both the Pilot & Accord keys on the same ring with the fob?

Roger
rkpeck: Just another alternative... Instead of trying to determine which key/fob combo you're grabbing by touch/feel of the fob, why not use the touch/feel of the key itself? If memory serves me correctly, the 2001 Accord key should feel different than the funky 2003 Pilot key... YMMV :) :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not sure if this would work, but what about getting an Acura remote. I am not sure if it would work, but they seem to have the same buttons in the same spots, but are are not the same color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts