Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many buttons are there on your remote fobs. Is there an option button on the key fob ? I just have 2 buttons for locking and unlocking apart from the panic button.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
yesgep said:
Just wondering how many buttons are there on your remote fobs. Is there an option button on the key fob ? I just have 2 buttons for locking and unlocking apart from the panic button.
you have all the possible buttons ;)...that come standard with the Fob on the EX...

the optional one which you have to buy for the LX has the option button (I think??)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rami.
But I saw on the accessories list that the key fob has an option button , which when pressed will lock all the doors.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Option button

The option button can be used to switch alarm arming between Silent mode or Beep mode. How do you do that on EX?

My OEM alarm box come with 3 setting: manual arm, auto arm and auto lock. And I have an option to purchase a siren instead of using horn. Can you do that?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Option button

timchen said:
The option button can be used to switch alarm arming between Silent mode or Beep mode. How do you do that on EX?

press lock one time...silent lock
press again .... audible notification with beep

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
yesgep said:
Thanks rami.
But I saw on the accessories list that the key fob has an option button , which when pressed will lock all the doors.
On the standard EX fob:
--press "lock" once will lock all the doors and arm security, second press honks horn for confirmation
--press "unlock" once will unlock only the driver's door, second press opens all doors and tailgate

Can you point us to the accessories list on-line?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Speaking of buttons, our panic button is real sensitive. We were at a restaurant down in Gulf Shores (aka redneck Riviera) and must hit it while looking for change in my pocket. So we're walking out the door and they make an announcement "to the owner of a brown Honda PASSPORT with Wisconsin plates, your alarm is going off":3:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw the accessories on line at handa-accessories.com.
As rami pointed out , its for LX .

Thanks for all you who responded .

·
Registered
747 Posts
Re: Re: Option button

ramirami said:

That's not Beep mode in my alarm. In Beep mode, it always sounds. one beep for arm, two beep for unarm.
And I know the option botton was designed for some Honda model with trunk release mechanism.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Re: Option button

ramirami said:

I havent spent any time getting familar with the owners manual yet, but I am now curious to what is the difference in the alarm mode if you press the key fob once or twice aside from hearing the horn beep once if you press the lock button twice? Does the alarm perform any other function if you press it twice than it would normally do if you press it once?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Option button

tonyrwc said:
I havent spent any time getting familar with the owners manual yet, but I am now curious to what is the difference in the alarm mode if you press the key fob once or twice aside from hearing the horn beep once if you press the lock button twice? Does the alarm perform any other function if you press it twice than it would normally do if you press it once?
Not on an EX.
The LX alarm may be a bit different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts