Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new 2021 owner...all of the sudden (day3) one of the keyfobs isn’t working. Is there anything I can do to get it going or do I have to go back to the dealer?
thanks!,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try putting batteries in it or get in your truck and hold the key over the start button and see if it works then if so it’s just batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
Hi, new 2021 owner...all of the sudden (day3) one of the keyfobs isn’t working. Is there anything I can do to get it going or do I have to go back to the dealer?
thanks!,
Had it worked before? If not and the battery isn't bad, perhaps they delivered a wrong fob when you purchased the car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Describe not working. There are 2 categories of functions supported by the key fob. Smart entry/auto lock and push button start require the key fob to “communicate” with the vehicle using the LF antenna. The LF operation only works when the key fob is either inside the vehicle or within about 6ft of the vehicle. Using the key fob buttons to lock/unlock or remote start the vehicle uses the RF transmitter. This should work within about 100 ft of the vehicle. When you press a button the red LED on the key fob should flash. If it doesn’t flash, replace the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts