Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shutting car off key stops in position 1, I can restart the car no problem. Disconnect battery, key will turn to position 0 and can be removed. Disconnect plug just behind immobilizer and key can be removed. Any ideas?

2014 pilot, 75k miles, starts, runs, shifts, battery is fully charged, all lights work normally, key is not worn and goes in and out easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get your key problem figured out? I’m having the exact same problem on our 2015 Pilot with 126k miles and haven’t found many solutions.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,939 Posts
Have you tried jiggling the steering wheel as you attempt to remove the key? This was the solution for a previous vehicle I owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing I tried worked other than disconnecting the battery for just a second. When we tried driving it home it felt like the drivers front wheel was stuck and I thought the brake was locked up. Hauled it to the mechanic last night after work and he had both issues fixed in about 30 minutes this morning. According to him the hill start assist was stuck and he just had to adjust the sensor which appeared to also fix the key issue. I’m picking it up after work and we’ll see if it’s all good but they said there was no charge! If it’s all good I’ll be using him for our timing belt service. I’d feel bad using someone else after he did this at no charge and his price for the timing belt service was nearly identical to the mechanic we were going to use.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nothing I tried worked other than disconnecting the battery for just a second. When we tried driving it home it felt like the drivers front wheel was stuck and I thought the brake was locked up. Hauled it to the mechanic last night after work and he had both issues fixed in about 30 minutes this morning. According to him the hill start assist was stuck and he just had to adjust the sensor which appeared to also fix the key issue. I’m picking it up after work and we’ll see if it’s all good but they said there was no charge! If it’s all good I’ll be using him for our timing belt service. I’d feel bad using someone else after he did this at no charge and his price for the timing belt service was nearly identical to the mechanic we were going to use.
Post for the community what the mechanic adjusted or repaired to resolve your stuck wheel/brake lockup and the stuck key issue(s)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts