Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this after I took it in for an oil change on Friday 1/10. Saturday night I tried to lock the doors with the key fob (eventually tried BOTH fobs) and it absolutely will not lock the doors at all. Using the inside lock/unlock button will lock the doors, though.
Both key fobs will unlock the doors, and the lights will flash....but when I press the lock button, it's totally dead!

Also, the interior lights will stay ON after the vehicle is locked.

What's going on??? No buttons/controls have been reconfigured by me, I wonder if the dealer did something. :rolleyes:

(I originally posted this in the Problems section but wanted to take it mainstream and get some more opinions before I see the dealer)

Thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after taking some advice from fellow Pilot owners, I went out and checked to see if all my doors were shut tight......the back door was NOT. That's why I could not lock the vehicle with the remote.

I CAN'T shut it tight because. after further investigation, it looks like the dealer screwed up the rubber trim when they installed the new plastic panel where the rear door latches. (the old one was severely scratched from hauling things) The trim is not allowing the door to close all the way. I'm going to have someone take it to the dealer tomorrow, hopefully they will fix it. The bad thing about it is, the dealer's 30 miles away......hope the door doesn't fly open! :mad:

Thanks for your suggestions!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts