Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
You can't. Awesome right? Worst "feature" I have ever seen in my life and zero way to disable it. It's happened to me several times. Luckily never while raining, but it's possible. Every time it rains I run to make sure my windows aren't open. Thanks Honda!

·
Registered
126 Posts
On top of that..... can't disable rear gate remote open is a problem for me too. My garage is few inches too low. Hopefully I won't remote open by accident while parked in garage.

·
Banned
379 Posts
On top of that..... can't disable rear gate remote open is a problem for me too. My garage is few inches too low. Hopefully I won't remote open by accident while parked in garage.
Haven't had that happen to me yet. I've just found my windows open a few times. If they put something like this on the vehicle, they should make it possible to disable.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So... My 2020 EX-L manual says this about opening the windows and moonroof from the remote:

To open: Press the unlock button, and then
within 10 seconds, press it again and hold it.

I found that as long as you hold the button down the second time, the windows and moonroof will continue to open. They stop when they reach end of travel -OR- when you release the button.

That said, it DOES NOT give any means to close it via remote. If you press the lock button either once or twice, or once and hold, all it does is lock the doors with the windows open.

Further, With the windows and moon roof open if you press the lock button and then hold the remote start button, the will in fact start with the windows and doors open. Yeah, I know they can't drive away without the FOB, but still.

It sounds to me like there should be a means of closing the windows remotely, other than having to go out to the car, get in, start it and manually operate the switches to close all windows. Or a means of disabling this feature altogether.

As a side note, My old car (Ford Explorer) had an aftermarket remote start (separate fob). I woke up one morning to my car running in the driveway. I couldn't figure out why. It shut off in 10 mins, and then restarted. I went down to check it out, and found my cat stepping on the remote start button of the fob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts