Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Key FOB broke. Anyone know what it cost at a dealership to get fixed or if any of the aftermarket keys will work?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Which part broke? If it is the plastic shell that holds the metal key and remote module, you can find replacements for around $10-15 on amazon. The remote module and metal key are easily transferred. I replaced ours a while back. If it is the remote module inside the shell, then you'd probably need the dealership to program it. Not sure though.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
If your keyless entry still works then most likely you just need a new shell. Make sure the battery is in place and see if it will operate your door locks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This just happened to me. I replaced four times with aftermarket shells! Ended up having to purchase two brand new keys when my wife lost the keyless remote which ran $70 each, plus $90 to cut and program it at the dealer + towing the car there to get the job done. New Honda keys are holding up still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
This is an aftermarket shell from Amazon. It's holding up well so far. It's about 6 months old.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Amazon Choice. The most sold.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would think any of the shells would work well. Just check reviews. Since one of our drivers is rough on keys, we bought this replacement that comes with slightly thicker plastic and screws at each corner. Someone I work with went with a more OEM type and theirs has been holding up just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts