Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Piloteers:

My key fob battery recently went dead and was replaced. Now, however, my key fob will allow me to start the vehicle until I place the fob against the push start button. The fob also no longer allows me to open or lock the vehicle remotely. It seems the key fob is no longer synced with the vehicle.

Researching the issue, it appears the only solution is to take it to a dealer or locksmith to sync up the vehicle and the remote. I'd rather not have to go to a dealer and get gouged on a 2 minute rsync of my system everytime a battery in my key fob goes dead. Any suggestions? 2018 Honda Pilot LX.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Sounds like the replacement battery is not up to snuff. Some of those cheap Chinese knockoff batteries are crap. I would only use Energizer or Duracell batteries in those remotes. If the remote was not synced, you would not be able to start the car with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Make sure your batter is installed correctly, the four tabs have to be holding the batter correctly. Also pry up the battery contact prongs a little then reinstall the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts