Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Pilot Elite. When I lock my doors using the key fob, the windows lower by several inches and the moonroof vents. I really don't want this feature. How can I turn this off?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
I have a 2017 Pilot Elite. When I lock my doors using the key fob, the windows lower by several inches and the moonroof vents. I really don't want this feature. How can I turn this off?
Have you looked in your owners manual? Has it always done this?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,569 Posts
Every Honda does this. No way to disable it. It has caused problems in the past because people didn't realize they opened all their windows and then it rained.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Every Honda does this. No way to disable it. It has caused problems in the past because people didn't realize they opened all their windows and then it rained.
Really, I've got to try this! Opens the moon roof too? Sounds like it would be to help vent hot air?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
You don't turn it off. To keep this from happening don't hold the button down so long. A protracted push of the lock button is what triggers this action.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Not sure why it is so hard to add a similar close function.
Remote Window Roll Down:
To open all the windows, click on the “unlock” to unlock your car, then click and hold the “unlock” button and the all the windows will roll down. If you release the button it stops.

To Close or Roll up all the windows:
Release car key out of the Key fob and stick it in the drivers side door key slot.
Turn counter clockwise twice and hold. All the windows will roll up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure why it is so hard to add a similar close function.
It’s not hard to do at all, they haven’t implemented the all express up feature cause
1. it would run the key fob battery down faster.
2. it’s a safety concern.

most aftermarket alarms will allow the all up function as add on. Feature like unlocking the glass hatch without unlocking all the doors. First.

·
Registered
2017 EX-L, rack, boards, hitch 2007 Ex-L Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V, rack
89 Posts
Mystery solved!. My 2017 EX-L has done this (windows and sunroof) twice now in the two weeks - each time I was doing work (once in the yard, once on my 2007 Pilot) and must have sat on the fob. I skimmed 🧐 through the manual but didn't see this mentioned - wasn't too worried though because it was clear there was some "setting" causing the windows to roll down the exact same amount. 😎

1 - 12 of 12 Posts