Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 pilot key fob battery goes dead after 2 weeks. I have ordered new batteries of a different brand and hope that is the problem. Looking for any advice as to the cause.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
My 2016 pilot key fob battery goes dead after 2 weeks. I have ordered new batteries of a different brand and hope that is the problem. Looking for any advice as to the cause.
Energizer Lithium has not failed me.

Reactions: Hondamon

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has it gotten wet? Mine went through the wash and although it still functioned, battery would go dead after about 10 days. Tried many different batteries all with the same results. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a new one from the dealer. Painful!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try a new lithium battery today and see how that works, if not, new guts for the remote.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agree with everyone on noname batteries. I changed to Maxell at almost the same price and it is working great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Below are wording from the manual:

Communication between the smart entry remote and the vehicle consumes the smart entry remote’s battery.
Battery life is about two years, but this varies depending on regularity of use.
The battery is consumed whenever the smart entry remote is receiving strong radio waves. Avoid placing it near electrical appliances such as televisions and personal computers.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My original lasted over two years, and the replacement (energizer) lasted about the same time until the dealer replaced it (without telling me prior, could last another two, three months) in July 2020.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
I have had good luck with Energizer or Maxell batteries and they usually last at least a year

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Below are wording from the manual:

Communication between the smart entry remote and the vehicle consumes the smart entry remote’s battery.
Battery life is about two years, but this varies depending on regularity of use.
The battery is consumed whenever the smart entry remote is receiving strong radio waves. Avoid placing it near electrical appliances such as televisions and personal computers.
I replaced the battery with a quality lithium and so far all is OK. I wonder if keeping my remote in the same pocket as my cell phone could be an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts