Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Honda Pilot EX-L RES. Just due to time, the weight of my keys and endless force for starting the vehicle, the plastic as broken where the key connects to the fob.

Are there any cheap alternatives? For instance, are there any small fobs I can screw in that will basically have it as 2 separate things: one for my actual fob for unlocking/locking the door and something to help me grab the key for ignition?

The real issue is that the Pilot is our travel/3rd vehicle, so it doesn't require daily use. I certainly could (and may just wind up doing) order a Honda replacement one online and then have it programmed at the dealer, but I generally service the Pilot myself and it'd be a PITA to get it there and wait forever for them to do their checks and tell me that various things need to be replaced (yeah, yeah, when it gets cooler LOL), etc.

Any good alternatives?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I took my fob apart (surprisingly easy) and it's just 3 pieces: 2 pieces of plastic (one with the keyhole broken: bad design) and the fob itself. There are replacement fob parts on Amazon, so I'll see if that works. Worst case, I guess I won't need to program one, I can just get a Honda replacement fob and swap out the electronic part. That'd be overkill to just replace a tiny bit of broken plastic, but given that it's lasted 7 years, not a huge loss.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.