Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kentucky Pilot owners, we are meeting at the I-75 Georgetown Cracker Barrel (north of Lexington) at 1:00 pm Sunday Sept. 29. Have already contacted some of you. Will post detailed directions later.

Hopefully hurricane Isadore will have passed and we can find some good horse farm pictures with our PILOTS.

...stay tuned. RSVP here and we'll get a count.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You already know that I'll be there! Should be a great time. See you Sunday.

Chris

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cracker Barrel we're meeting at is this one in Georgetown, KY

I-75 , Exit# 126
I-75 & US 62
1454 Cherry Blossom Way
Georgetown, KY 40324-8952
(502) 863-5670

This is a few miles north of Lexington.
From Louisville, take I-64 towards Lexington then north a short
distance on I-75.

From what I remember it's on the southwest corner of the
interchange. Get off at the exit, head west, and it will
be on your left.

Meet at 1:00 pm. First arriving Pilot, pick a good spot in the parking lot with room for more Pilots. :)
We'll congregate for a while then eat, presumably at the CB. RSVP here if you will, with number of attendees, so
we'll know how many will be eating.

Hopefully we can then go in search of some nearby horse farms
for some shots for the Gallery.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more takers for Sunday afternoon Pilot meet?
So far we have xyzzy, redrok03, tibbitts+havasu.
Evergreen, Redrock, and Havasu Blue.
Nice color combo. We'll post pictures!

Evansville and Cincinnati, you're welcome to join us.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dissapointed

Sorry fellow Piloteers, but redrok03 will be missing tomorrow. I just found out that my nephew is in town and wants to get together for lunch. Hard decision. We really wanted to meet you guys (and gals). But family has to come first.

Post lots of picts. Sure would have looked good with a Red Rock Pearl in the photo shoot.

Let me know if there is any other meets planned. I sure would like to meet all of you.

GARY:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Havasu, thanks for the invitation. Thought about coming but am busy with the MCC Auto Fest that is in town this weekend. maybe next time. Have a good time.

Bill

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sage Pilot Owner

Mr. Bill,

You need to display that fine Pilot you own at the MCC auto fest this weekend. I sold another Silver EXL W/RES on saturday. It went to a girl fron Henderson, she is going to be pulling a boat with it, she did a 3 year lease with 15k per year. I also took an order on a Beige EXL RES, 2 weeks ago that will be going to Vincennes.

Keep on enjoying that fine vehicle.....

Dave aka Mr. Honda

·
Registered
57 Posts
wroberts3x27 said:
Havasu, thanks for the invitation. Thought about coming but am busy with the MCC Auto Fest that is in town this weekend. maybe next time. Have a good time.

Bill
Bill, what is the MCC Auto Fest? Is this something I might be interested in in the future?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Auto Fest

redrok

It is a full blown car show sponsored by the television show My Classic Car and is held on our walkway downtown and on the river front. There are about 650-750 classic cars from all over the country here for the weekend. You can show practically any vehicle, but most of them are muscle cars from the 60's and 70's. There is a lot of other stuff going on: vendors, swap meet, cruises, etc. A very nice weekend. My Classic Car is a syndicated show that is produced in Evansville if you are not aquainted with it. Dennis Gage, the host lives in Evansville as does the producers. It is held on the last weekend of September. Come on over next year for the day. I think you will enjoy it.

Bill

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had a great time with xyzzy and his Evergreen Pearl Pilot.
Took some great pictures in front of the Kentucky Horse Park : white rail fences, horses in the background, etc.. BUT ... arggghhh... my compact flash card went south when I got home.
You will have to just use your imagination - weather was great, we had a great lunch at Cracker Barrel, sharing Pilot and other stories.

Hopefully we can get more of us together soon.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes, it was really great to meet Havasu and Tibbitts yesterday. Lots of great conversation. Their Havasu Blue looked great up close and personal. It was interesting to finally get to actually sit in a Pilot with grey interior. Very nice!

A great disappointment that the pictures didn't turn out, but these technological issues happen. As Havasu pointed out to me yesterday, I should have taken some pictures as a backup.

BTW - What did that police officer say to you when we were pulled off next to the fence at the horse park?

Hope to do it again soon!

Chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
police

claimed he just wanted to know if we needed any help, since he could not see the plates, we just told him we were taking tourist pictures, he said, "have a nice day." I think he just wanted to get a look at the Pilots.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures recovered

I got the pictures from the CF card after all... will post them later tonight! (Whew!)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures rescued!

First we met in the Cracker Barrel parking lot.
Not hard to find each other. :)

Notice the nice background for Evergreen Pearl?
Here is xzzy's Evergreen Pearl, and tibbitts+havasu's Havasu Blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After dinner we ventured toward the Kentucky Horse Park for some photo ops.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Notice the nice reflection of the white fences in xyzzy's Evergreen Pearl. (See also the <a href=http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=17677#post17677>Family Photo Album</a> for another one of our Havasu Blue.)

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
As Havasu took that last photo I teased about having to show off my S100 shine!

Thanks for posting these. I really enjoyed meeting you guys. Next meeting I hope we're able to get some shots from the Northern Kentucky area!

Thanks again,
Chris

·
Registered
120 Posts
Auto Fest

wroberts3x27. Thanks for the info. I grew up with the muscle cars. Mine was a 67 Mustang Fastback. Candyapple red, blk trim.
390 ci, 4 barrell, 4 speed. (For some reason, I just couldn't seem to keep tires on that thing.) Unfortunately, I don't have any real good pictures of it. This was in 1970. Does the 3x27 hint of a Chevy small block?

Anyway, try this on for size. Next year, host a Pilot get together for that weekend and we can kill two birds with one stone. We could get together swap Pilot experiences after one year, and then go and drool over the classics. If you plan it, they will come. (At least, I sure will.)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Havasu, great shots guys. Glad you got the card working.

Xyzzy, what a great shine.

I'm looking forward to the next meet,
Redrok03

·
Registered
307 Posts
yeah X I did the s100 this weekend, and its damn shiny, would have never heard of it if it werent for this board :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts