Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I tried searching the entire forum and couldn't find what I was looking for.

2016 EX-L. With no headlight/fog-lights on the DRL's are fully funtional:

Note how the DRL's go across the top and then down the outer edge of the halogen lamps. When the "Auto" or manual halogens are turned on the top of the DRL's turn off but the outer edges of the DRL's are still on:

Does anyone know of a way, or hack, or setting change in the head unit such that when I turn on the head lamps/fog-lights, the entire DRL unit will stay lit? I have a hard time believing that it's a physical wiring set-up that would need to be bypassed.

Many thanks for your thoughts! :)

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Kinda like, our 08 SE fog lights turn off when the HIgh beams are on? Other manufacturers do this also.
I don't know of this. Someone who knows something will chime in.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
Photos deleted at poster’s request.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm pretty sure either the whole DRL should either be on or off. There isn't an "in between" option. What I think is happening is that there isn't enough power going to the drl when you turn on the headlights. When you have the headlights off, then the drl strip should be fully on at full brightness if you have it in auto. However when the headlights turn on, the drl strip should dim by a lot. I'm no expert on this, but I think the car might be sending less power to the drl strip than it needs when the headlights are on. May I know if this is happening on both lights or just one? Also did you recently get a new battery? If you don't mind, can you also tell us what battery is in your car?

Edit: I just saw your other post with the pictures and now I'm not sure what you're trying to ask. From what I understand, you say that when the headlights are on, only the top part of the drl turns off. Is this correct? From what I've seen in your pictures, it looks just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts