Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to paste a message, but I saw someone's post in the TSB section about a "calliope or kazoo"-type whistling sound coming from a front window.

I haven't experienced this myself, but have heard of it. Talked to a service manager at another dealership in search of window scrunch information (I'm networking here...) and he told me that they'd had a guy in with a whistling noise in the front (this was driver) window. Said it "was LOUD" -- "a real whistle" -- and the owner and his salesman noticed it right away on the test drive.

In this case, it was something about the outside plastic piece (the triangular-shaped piece) on the outside of the window. I think it wasn't fitting right and was catching the air in such as way as to create a whistling noise.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Topmomm.

Thanks. I think (fingers crossed) I may have found it. I reinserted a small piece of moulding on the passenger side of the front windshield. Haven't heard since; but wind conditions may not have been just right. If that doesn't do it, I'll check that black triangle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts