Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone out there, I am new here and hope to be able to add to this site seeing that it has helped me alot so far.

K&N Filters. Why K&N?.The brand speaks for itself, but why for this application?

I will hopefull be receiving my custom sized K&N filter this coming weekend and installing. This is not the drop in type, but a conical custom filter. Will post the part numbers, pic etc. if it is works out ok.

My decision for attempting this:

1. Cost: a K&N universal can be purchased for only $35 + $10 oiling kit and used for the life of the vehicle (I recommend cleaning & oiling every 15k). I am sure this is less than the cost of an OEM replacement filter every 15k.

2. Performance: I have done this on my 97 Prelude SH V-TEC and it made a differance above 5500 rpm (second cam). With the V-TEC on the Pilot is should work as well due to the second set of lobes coming into play at around 4500 rpm.FYI: Used this on my SH for 50K and no problems even in snowy weather.

3. The sound change when the second set of cam comes into action. Hopefully the change will be good. On some applications it just does not sound that great. Hopefully on this one it will sound good.

Will keep you posted...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Of course a K&N can be used for the life of the vehicle....since IMNSHO they seriously shorten it!:eek:

Too much dust gets through them to suit me. More dust=more engine wear. Silica levels in used oil analysis have confirmed this in many cases. Personally a K&N cost me a $500 turbo on my diesel because of it's poor filtering.

Al

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on K&N install

Unfortunately my K&N did not arrive by today. Hopefully next week so I can get to work :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts