Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up our new Silver EX-L w/Navi tonight. Wow, it was worth the 3.5 month wait. Very very nice to drive and of course, I couldn't't keep my hands off of the Navi system.

We purchased it at Jeff Wyler Honda in Cincinnati at $1000 off of MSRP. The dealer, sales rep and finance guy were great to deal with and really made it the best new car buying experience for me in my 17 years of owning new cars.

But......

I just spent the past hour reviewing and installing our babies car seat base in the center of the 2nd row. While doing so I noticed that the drivers side seat belt in the 2nd row was already latched. So I unlatched it and it would not retract back all the way. When I try to pull it out it won't budge. Any suggestions? :(

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congratulations, fgrogan! Nice to hear you had a positive dealer experience. :D
Bummer about the seatbelt not retracting. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out there.

Be sure to post your Pilot info in havasu's Vin Table thread...
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921

Safe Piloting!! :29:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome fgrogan!

Hopefully you can join us for the next Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana
meet. We just had one Sunday near Louisville. Next one probalby will be near Cincy (like maybe Newport Levee/Aquarium area)
See pictures of Sunday's escapades here: http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1950

Hope to see your VIN soon!
I don't know about stuck seat belts.... but I'm sure somebody else will. xyzzy??? Chris, this sounds like it's up your alley...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Other than a real mechanical issue that would need to be serviced I would probably pull the seat belt out as far as it will go to see if it creased or (folded/twisted over onto itself) during retracting and the bump created by two layers of belt is stuck just inside the housing for the retracting mechanism.

Chris

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I don't believe I've heard or seen that problem posted yet. Anyone else??
You might want to just check back with the dealer.

$1000 off MSRP??? NICE!!

Scott

·
Registered
494 Posts
fgrogan,
Welcome to the club! :)

I haven't come across this problem in the Pilot yet. I have come across that particular situation in a Suzuki I used to own. When I parked on an incline and relesed the belt, it stayed in a locked position until I parked on level ground. I'm not sure if that's your situation too. :confused:

It could also be twisted inside the retracting mechanism like xyzzy said.

If you can't figure it out, The Honda dealership you purchased it should be able to take care of it for you.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts