Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed an order for a Pioneer in dash DVD player and the Pioneer overhead Screen. I did a lot of comparisons and for the money the Pioneer equipment was just outstanding. The DVD player is mostly black and should fit nicely in the dash without standing out to much, the drop down LCD unit is mostly grey and is a pretty close match to the fern grey interior.

The setup includes 2 wireless headphones, the rf modulator and jacks for the video game systems(we have ps2 and gamecube). The jacks will be installed near the 12 volt power supply under the the rear ac controls in the center console.

Installed the total was $1350. I do regret not getting the factory RES, but this should be fairly close, I think the Pioneer DVD player is actually a better unit then the stock and the LCD screen does swivel.

I could have gotten a setup for $950 installed, but I never heard of the brand and the DVD player would have been under the seat Also the picture was ok, but did not compare to the Pioneer. I figured I'm going to have this SUV for a very long time, might as well spend the extra and get something really good, installed the way I want it.

Installation is scheduled for Thursday.

Oh by the way, the installer I'm using does the Video installs for the local Acura dealer. he never saw a Pilot before and the first comment he made after inspecting the inside of the vehicle was, this is just like the MDX! Actually he now calls the vehicle the Honda MDX. :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Pilotless from NJ,

where did you get your system and who installed it. (I'm from jersey too and that sounds like a good deal)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pictures please, when you get it done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just my opinion....

For $1,300, you could buy 2 individual DVD players and still have some cash left over. Then each of the kids in the back seat could watch whatever they want.

In addition, you could take the DVD players indoors and use them there too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dcchew,

We thought of that actually, but figured the kids would break the portable dvd players. I've also thought of getting one of those bag DVD players, but it took up too much room. Besides when I saw how good the picture on the Pioneer LCD was, figured this is the best route for us.

The system is getting installed right now. Last time I had an audio system installed, the installers put a gash right into the fake wood dash on the Millenia. I'm hoping this one goes flawlessly.

Keeping fingers crossed.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
ill be using my laptop :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts