Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We still have out 08 SE FWD Pilot.
We recently became owners of a low mileage, minty 2015 LX 4WD- w/ trailer towing

My wife, the wonderful woman she is, mentioned that she kind of wanted Heated seats and remote start- for the cold Brewaukee winters.
Actually, I/We've lived where it's Hotter then Satan too. This would also work well to get the cabin cooled down some too- I've seen remote starts used that way too.

Instead of taking the seats apart to add the heating elements, I found some really affordable, good review front seat covers. She likes the fact they also act as a seat cover and they work well!
1st wish solved.

Then, I went online, read reviews, looked at products, etc. I wanted one that worked with the OEM key FOB. I got this:

The plugs and wires are all perfect fit, etc. As in the directions, I had to use a self taping screw and mount a ground wire to the metal under the dash. Easy.
I actually did not have to take off the lower trim panel on the dashboard, like it shows in the video. Not necessary. I brought my laptop into my garage and stopped and started and replayed a few sections. It was straight forward and went well. Here's the installation video:

I would probably never have got this installed so easily w/o this how to video.

I actually texted a support # listed on the unit just before I started. The response was form the person who made that video! I only had some questions about some wires marked optional. I didn't use them, and it works great!
Professional style install- at home by me.

And you don't have it and If you've been desiring a remote start, I highly recommend this product.

I used a listing on Amazon Prime, $179 shipped.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, either every one already has remote start. Or they don't want it anyways.
Or they're not impressed with my install. Either way, OK. Just thought I share a product that so far- 1 day, works as advertised, install (with the great video), was not too bad either.
I can't wait for those sub 25F days/mornings and to get in to an already warmed up car/Pilot. Oh wait- this is on my wifes Pilot! Oh well

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Fairbanks Alaska and autostarts here are a requirement lol. I just bought a 2012 EX-L that already had an autostart installed. I was fortunate that the local installer was able to add on the cellphone/app control part for only $200. It's nice to be able to get the car warming from your phone and also not worry about range or distance of the fob.

Nice job on installing yours, you are braver than I... :- )

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
2017 F150 I sold had the feature. Hardly ever used it. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Fairbanks Alaska and autostarts here are a requirement lol. I just bought a 2012 EX-L that already had an autostart installed. I was fortunate that the local installer was able to add on the cellphone/app control part for only $200. It's nice to be able to get the car warming from your phone and also not worry about range or distance of the fob.

Nice job on installing yours, you are braver than I... :- )
I'm sure the cellphone app is nice! I could add thar myself, IIRC- $120? We'll try this first! Thanks for your reply.

2017 F150 I sold had the feature. Hardly ever used it. 🤷‍♂️
Where are you again? Sunny Tucson? LOL

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:
This system still works flawlessly, even with my install at home!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Well, either every one already has remote start. Or they don't want it anyways.
Or they're not impressed with my install. Either way, OK. Just thought I share a product that so far- 1 day, works as advertised, install (with the great video), was not too bad either.
I can't wait for those sub 25F days/mornings and to get in to an already warmed up car/Pilot. Oh wait- this is on my wifes Pilot! Oh well
Cool video, thanks for sharing. If we didn't keep the cars in an AC/Heated garage I'd run out and install one faster than you can say, "Have you nothing better to do?" Actually, it might be useful after the car has been sitting all day in the hot sun at an amusement park but two taps of the unlock button on the key fob and holding it down opens all the windows and the moon roof which lets the hot air out very fast. I'm not sure if we'd use it enough to justify the cost and installation effort.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool video, thanks for sharing. If we didn't keep the cars in an AC/Heated garage I'd run out and install one faster than you can say, "Have you nothing better to do?" Actually, it might be useful after the car has been sitting all day in the hot sun at an amusement park but two taps of the unlock button on the key fob and holding it down opens all the windows and the moon roof which lets the hot air out very fast. I'm not sure if we'd use it enough to justify the cost and installation effort.
Right.

We use it mainly when we have to park it at work, outside. Today it'll be about 4F when the sife gets off work right about now. She can get in a warmed up car.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Lightweights.

To truly appreciate a functioning heater and heated seats, you need to feel something gradually thawing out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts