Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a white exl, drove it home a week ago, love the car. but i started to notice a few problems. the first one is a rattle coming off the rear right side when i hit a bump or pothole. Also I notice that a/c cycle too often, like every minute, i have it set at 70 degrees. I don't know if that is a problem but i just made an appointment to have it check.. I am in New York City

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats, petepilot! Can't help you with the problems, but if you search on the site, I'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions (I think I've seen these things mentioned, but since we don't experience them, I ignore them). BTW - where are you located? Your location is "blank".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, but I have not be able to find anything related to the problem I have with the climate control, if anybody has a similar problem, please let me know. I have to wait ten days before the dealer can look at it. The a/c cool down but cycle too often and I do not know if this could create more problems by using the a/c.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not sure if a/c cycle is necessarily a problem. I set mine at auto and yes, the a/c comes on often some days. Try turning up the temperature a notch, experiment what's best for you. I set mine at 22C during winter/spring and anywhere from 21C to 23C in the warmer/hotter months. Some days when I feel kind of "cold" with the a/c, I turn the temp up a bit. It works just fine.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Some Solutions

The rattle in the right rear is likely the outboard seat belt on the right side. Lift the right side third row seat and tuck the belt buckle onto the seat, then put the seat down. That's how I got rid of the right rear rattle.

As far as your air conditioning goes - what you're experiencing is perfectly normal. Every vehicle I've ever driven in or had with "auto" climate control cycles that way because of the sensor in the car doing everything it can to keep the temperature at what you have set.

Don't sweat it, your PILOT sounds like it's working just fine!!!

Congrats!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, i think you are right about the a/c, but the rattle is still there.I tried the seatbelt with no result ,it sound like it is coming from outside the car, it is getting annoying. I am taking the car on friday to see if they find anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts