Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,908 Posts
You’re more than welcome to grease the one on my Tacoma’s front drive shaft closest to the transfer case. That one is a PITA to get to. I can do the other four in the same amount of it takes to get to that one.
Remember where he is from. On a Saturday night he can grease all the zerks, or take his girlfriend to the drive-in.

:) 😄😆🤣:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,651 Posts
Cabin filter looks better than expected for the years and mileage.
I agree. Mine looked like that at 30k miles. I now replace that filter on a 15k mile interval.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Looks like those smokers' lungs they used to show us in junior high to get us scared straight into never taking up the habit.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Have you considered the benefits of just going with good ol' paper filters?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I just heard back from the wife, she say's the front fan no longer feels weak after the cabin filter change 😁. She also noticed an improvement in engine response/power, both in the low end and top end, and has a meaner "growl" when you put your foot into it. :cool:

On another note, in a little over 500 miles after ownership, the alternator decided to go out :cry:. I've seen "New" ones be bad out of the box / go out in a couple weeks. So regardless it's a crap shoot, and I'm feeling lucky, so I rolled the dice on a re-manufactured one, and everything seems to going well so far (knocks on wood). :)

When I did the inspection of the vehicle, I noticed a slight "dent" in the rear quarter panel, but it was really only noticeable from sharp angles, and didn't have any hard creases/etc (not to mention a thin layer of dirt hides it well), so called up a local Paint-less Dent Removal come out and had them take care of it, and a couple other dings (like a very minor one in the tailgate), and now outside of a little bit of "haze" in the reflection at a steep angle, can't tell there was a dent there, so I'd say it's 97% back to perfect/new and I'm happy with that, it's not a show-car being judged, and should pass a shipping carrier's inspection without note on the areas - if you've ever shipped a car, you should know what I'm talking about :geek:

Still need to track down the rocker panel moulding for the passenger side from a donor Pilot, based upon some research, it appears I'm not stuck to a specific range of years. I also want to track down some used running boards for it. Funny enough, I showed my wife a picture of a Pilot with a Brush Guard / Push Bars on the front, and she want's to get one, so may be installing one of those in the future, you know in case the #ZombieApocalypse comes :p.

Also, I keep finding her turning the Bass on the factory stereo to 5 when I get in... may have to do something about that :whistle:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
399 Posts
When I did the inspection of the vehicle, I noticed a slight "dent" in the rear quarter panel, but it was really only noticeable from sharp angles, and didn't have any hard creases/etc (not to mention a thin layer of dirt hides it well), so called up a local Paint-less Dent Removal come out and had them take care of it, and a couple other dings (like a very minor one in the tailgate), and now outside of a little bit of "haze" in the reflection at a steep angle, can't tell there was a dent there, so I'd say it's 97% back to perfect/new and I'm happy with that
How much does it cost to remove a few dents? I've got 3 minor dents that bug me but I don't want to attempt it myself since they are in very conspicuous places.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Have you considered the benefits of just going with good ol' paper filters?

Given I live on the coast of California, there isn't much of a dust issue unless you are driving through certain areas when the farmers are plowing and creating mini-dust storms behind their tractors. Nor do we live/travel on dirt/dusty roads, so I'm really not concerned about the filtering performance differences between it and paper filters.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
How much does it cost to remove a few dents? I've got 3 minor dents that bug me but I don't want to attempt it myself since they are in very conspicuous places.
Base fee for the guy to do any work regardless of how small it is $100. He originally quoted $175, but then I asked him to take a few other dings/dents out, which ended up being $200 including all taxes. Considering he came out to the vehicle once to provide the quote, and then came back a couple days later to do the service, seems pretty fair given the cost of living around this area (it ain't Texas that's for sure). Also feels good helping support a local business given everything going on the world. Overall process took him a little over an hour.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Going back through my posts from five years ago in the thread I linked to above, I was reminded of how much it cost me. There are before and after pictures I posted there, too.

Short story short, 40 minutes and 100 Canadian pesos later, I was out of there with a job so beautifully executed, to paraphrase Michelangelo, they saw an undented fender beneath the ding and they carved until they set it free.
Dang, My First Ding

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Honestly, I do. There was something about trying to find them, then hoping they were actually functional, then the deep satisfaction of hitting the road again all freshly greased up.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
30 Posts
OP, Congrats on your new car. I myself just purchased an 2008 Pilot EX-L with 230000km,s (143000 miles)
Bought as-is from my manager. For the safety it needed windshield, lube caliper sliders, and replace the snows with all season. Fantastic car, for my wife she loves it. Paid $2500.00 and all in for the safety including tires $950.
So for $3450.00 I think I did pretty well. Timing belt done last year. Just have to fix the rear blower.
Hope it gives me a couple years good service.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Got dinged too when I got my '06 in 2015. Quebec taxes you on book value for an up to 10-year-old vehicle. After 10 years, though, you can tell them whatever you want for the selling price and they'll accept it.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Got dinged too when I got my '06 in 2015. Quebec taxes you on book value for an up to 10-year-old vehicle. After 10 years, though, you can tell them whatever you want for the selling price and they'll accept it.
Thought Quebec became their own country , lol

Reactions: PHM
21 - 40 of 82 Posts