Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we bought a red Pilot EX-L Nav out here in the SF Bay Area. I really like it, just did not like the idea of MSRP +2000 - 5000. I ended up not negotiating for the price of the Pilot alone, but the Pilot with all the accessories: fog lights, tow package (with fluid coolers), rear splash guards, auto day night mirror, cargo cover and tray, CD changer and backup sensors.

I purchased the car at Mike Harvey Honda in Burlingame, I was a little nervous when I called to ask if they had a Pilot and the first sales person said, “Oh yes there is a 99 on the lot right now” I said, “That is interesting since they are just 2 months old.” I still went there and used went to another sales person when I got there and he actually knew all about them. He said there was only one Pilot that was not sold coming in the next shipment and was red with Nav. That was no problem since I wanted the Nav, but was not sure of the color. I said call me when it comes in if it was not sold. Turns out it came in a week early and was then going to be used for a dealer trade. My wife and I went to look at it. It was just taken off the truck and still had all the plastic protection on it. To me it looks more burgundy then red. We decided to get it and took it home the next day. We really like it so far. If you go there looking for a Pilot go see Johnny, he was most helpful, friendly and new about the product.

The car goes in tomorrow to have all the accessories installed. I do have a question, and that is where will they install the CD changer on a Pilot with Navigation (I think the DVD for the Nav is under the passenger seat) Also I saw a post that has the production number on it. Where does that number start, is it after the H?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Chris,

Congrats on the new Pilot!

Your production number is the last 5 digits of the VIN. The changer installs below the drivers seat, so there shouldn't be any conflicts there. We have the backup sensors too and they are coming in handy more than I thought they would.

Again, congrats and enjoy your new Pilot!

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
never too late?

Congratulations! The Pilot is a great vehicle and I'm sure you'll love the Navi system.

In fact, since you have the Navi already, you might want to consider the rear view camera rather than the back up sensors - if it's not too late. The camera was a dealer-forced option for me, but now I'm glad I have it. It only costs a bit more than the back up sensors, but it gives you much better feedback than the sensor's beeping. It works great in all light conditions and you will know for sure you're not going to run over the kid's bike (or the kid).

And - by the way - it's a really cool gadget.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome to the club !

PrG

·
Registered
23 Posts
never too late?

Congratulations! The Pilot is a great vehicle and I'm sure you'll love the Navi system.

In fact, since you have the Navi already, you might want to consider the rear view camera rather than the back up sensors - if it's not too late. The camera was a dealer-forced option for me, but now I'm glad I have it. It only costs a bit more than the back up sensors, but it gives you much better feedback than the sensor's beeping. It works great in all light conditions and you will know for sure you're not going to run over the kid's bike (or the kid).

And - by the way - it's a really cool gadget.

Best of luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts