Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading up on how good this audio system in our 2017 Touring is supposed to be. Just can't get over how far it is from even sounding average! What is wrong? I tried putting in some upgraded 6.5 Polk components (6.5 woofer, 1" tweeter) and just did the driver's side first, and noticed no improvement whatsoever. Audio coming from the center speaker is also overly distorted. Noticed especially on talk radio, just bad. Is there anything that can be done? Could the center channel be blown? Anything else possible that can be done to improve things? I've read that messing with the ANC system is a pretty big undertaking. Let me know some of your ideas / trials.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot Touring
1 Posts
I was similarly shocked regarding the sound system in our Touring Pilot. You would think 500+ watts would be sufficient to power all the speakers. As a result, I plan on upgrading my speakers in the near future but it sounds like there’s some hurdles that I’ll need to jump over first in order to get the best sound. Looking forward to an update on what speakers you went with and what you did to get the most out of your sound system

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are a couple things to try. The stock flat EQ is trash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.