Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear definitively if June or July will be the first month for the 2004s? Looking at the local lots, I see VIN numbers up to 87,000....
I know Honda was projecting 80,000 in the first year, so they seem to have some additional capacity. CollegeHills Honda has their May allocation online...so those are 2003s for sure.

Also wondering if anyone when dealers can place a 2004 order,
or see the allocation for the next model year?

·
Registered
288 Posts
slider71,

We just got our VIN and it is in the 90Ks (Havasu, I will get it in the table as soon as we take delivery, but not before! :17: ). I also asked the dealer about 2004s, so I could report back here, and he is still unsure of when the changeover will be. Image that, an honest car salesman, and most of you thought I was crazy when I said I sort of trusted him. It shows that it helps to know a car salesman before they become a car salesman.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
my guess would be the same time honda brings out 2004s for other models...so thats september??

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
September

Someone who has experience in the auto industry might know a little more about this, but ...

... to produce enough inventory for an new model year rollout at the dealers in September, production lines start to roll out the new models in June or July. Factories will typically shut down for re-tooling/retraining in May or June. Depending on the extent of the new model changes, which can range from minor features to complete redesign, the shutdown could be anywhere from a few days to several weeks. The 2004 Pilot is expected to only have some feature changes, so production shouldn't really be interrupted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts