Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it harmful to use any unpainted metal surface to connect the negative ground for jump starting? Or do you have to use the engine hanger as stated in the manual?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why do you not want to use the engine hanger that the Honda engineers were nice enough to highlight in your owners manual?

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition - Trailer hitch & Harness, All-weather Mats, cargo mat, and Black Emblems
148 Posts
As long as the unpainted surface is grounded (practically all metal comprising the frame), it really doesn’t matter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
With all the sensitive electronics in your Gen 3, following the instructions in your owners manual for jumping is best. If access is an issue, you can get a grounding extender.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can try this $7 mod. Verified works on my Ridgeline, should be same for the Pilot.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Never had to jump mine. I should remove the cover and take a look at this so I know what I have to do. I would just assume you'd attach to the neg on battery, but I'm guessing that's not easy or possible if this is a question. Hmmmm

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is the grounding strap (ground extender) that I mentioned earlier. Something like this can be used to reach a grounding point of the engine block, without scuffing up your forearms.

You can try this $7 mod. Verified works on my Ridgeline, should be same for the Pilot.

Funny to see you here :) Small world.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Funny to see you here :) Small world.
Have a 2017 Pilot (got to keep the wife happy) and a 2017 Ridgeline. Could be double trouble, but both have been flawless so far (knock on wood). Both setup with the same mod's (practice on one, easier install on the other).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts