Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
They posted a video showing the Front end install on a Ridgeline (same setup as the Pilot). You can buy just the kit without the Tires / Rims now for $495 a set. Downside is you need 2 sets (Front & Rear)

YouTube

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They posted a video showing the Front end install on a Ridgeline (same setup as the Pilot). You can buy just the kit without the Tires / Rims now for $495 a set. Downside is you need 2 sets (Front & Rear)

YouTube
Per the folks at college hill the kit is just to level the front with the rear you do not need a rear lift kit in this case.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
too bad they didn't have this for the gen 2 series ... Still want to build that safari pilot they built long ago

·
Registered
192 Posts
Per the folks at college hill the kit is just to level the front with the rear you do not need a rear lift kit in this case.
If you only put on the front for greater clearance and approach angle, your a$$ end will hit on departure. You need to put on both sets for an even ride height. Why would you lift the front 1.5" and not the back? That just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you only put on the front for greater clearance and approach angle, your a$$ end will hit on departure. You need to put on both sets for an even ride height. Why would you lift the front 1.5" and not the back? That just doesn't make sense.
because it is a 'leveling kit' bringing the front end of the up to match the rear. the rear is higher than the front from the factory. Hence...leveling kit

·
Registered
127 Posts
because it is a 'leveling kit' bringing the front end of the up to match the rear. the rear is higher than the front from the factory. Hence...leveling kit
Thank you. I have been on the verge of posting this ever since Odie first insisted two kits were needed.

There's a difference between a lift kit and a "leveling kit." This is a leveling kit, not a lift kit.

My only question is whether those longer control/stabilizer rods are stock honda parts. As the replacements are longer, where do you order them separately when they need replacing?

Also wonder how the change in height affects aerodynamics and gas mileage?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you need an alignment after installing these? In other words, are any of the bolts "slotted" for adjustment and could be different after install?

·
Registered
192 Posts
JSport does have a Lift kit available as well as the Leveling kit. I want the Lift kit, not the Leveling. The Lift kits are $495 per set.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I want those running boards...but wow at the price tag...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts