Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joyride multimedia product RES & NAV in one

I already have the RES system, but for those of you thinking about an aftermarket, I just happened upon what looks to be a great system.

Joyride is a Clarion product. From the product book, it says you can get a system that has:
-AM/FM Magi-tune tuner
-DVD video player
-CD audio player
-MP3 decoder
-Dolby digital and DTS audio decoders
-dual zone capability
-CD changer control
-Address book function
-Navigation package
-Sirius ready (Sirius is the competitor of XM)

You can either get a screen that folds down from the ceiling, or screens for the two headrests. The control system in the front is a screen that goes back into the unit when not in use, so it only takes the room of a normal radio. It runs on Microsoft Windows CE for Automotive.

If you want more detailed info, just let me know and I can get prices from my husband. Of course, you would want to buy the system from your local installer unless you are a lot braver than me! But you could at least know about what it should cost you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Catbert -

Please send me info about this system. Via the newsgroup or email directly at [email protected].

BTW, how much is this system? Where is the DVD player going to be placed (under the seat, or in-dash)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
clarion makes me ill

I Maximas that were nearly perfect vehicles, except for radios failing. They were both Clarions under the cover. After warranty...they are like $700 to replace. Nissan replaced one for free after 36 mos. I traded the other off and the dealer did not notice.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Face flips down and screen pops out. below screen is DVD insert area. I will find someone with a digital camera to take a picture of the book and post it. Try to have that done by tomorrow. Hubby is bringing prices home tonight.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate that you had Clarion problems

Clarion has always been a good seller around here, and we have not had problems with it.

Radios that go in a car model are not the quality that you get from a store (just like the Goodyear tires we were stuck with on the Pilot). Cost rules with the auto manufacturer. When you can pick your system, you get much higher quality.

Joyride looks like a really nice setup.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've used Clarion for car audio in the past and have always been impressed with their Pro Audio equipment. My last car had a Clarion head unit with an add on DSP and it was amazing.

Joyride isn't so much a product in and of itself. Joyride is actually a line of mobile multimedia equipment that is meant to integrate with each other. There are several head units, displays, etc. that all link together to create a full AV system. There is no single price, because you can mix and match to get the system that you want. Other manufacturers do similar things.

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xyzzy

So you are familiar with Joyride? This will be the first order of this particular line of Clarion we are going to order for the store. Up until now, we have sold the Pioneer DVD system. You are right, there is a myriad of mix and match items in this line. I'll gather all the info I can. The Clarion rep was actually in the store today, but I missed him by about an hour.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
JOYRIDE

AM/FM/DVD/MP3 W/CD CHANGER CONTROL

Intel Pentium processor w/MMX Technology
DVD Video, DVD-ROM, CD Audio, CD-R, CD Video Player
Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 Audio Decoders Built-in
MP3 and Digital Audio Player
Dual Zone Control
10 Band Digital Graphic EQ
Burr Brown 24 Bit D/A Decoders
Voice Activated Control and Response
180Watt (45W x 4)
Rotary Volume Control
Motorized Fold-Down Face
Type II Compact Flash Card Slot
Infrared Remote Control

MSRP $ 2,699.99 US

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Joyride is the most advanced in-car multimedia product available today. Contained in a single DIN-sized unit is an AM/FM Magi-Tune Tuner, a DVD Video player, a CD Audio Player, an MP3 decoder for either CD-R recorded MP3 or MP3 files loaded on a Compact Flash Card, built-in Dolby Digital and DTS audio decoders for 5.1 channel audio, true dual zone capability, CD Changer Control, and an optional navigation package. An Intel Pentium MMX enabled processor controls all systems.
JOYRIDE

AM/FM/DVD/MP3 W/CD CHANGER CONTROL

Intel Pentium processor w/MMX Technology
DVD Video, DVD-ROM, CD Audio, CD-R, CD Video Player
Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 Audio Decoders Built-in
MP3 and Digital Audio Player
Dual Zone Control
10 Band Digital Graphic EQ
Burr Brown 24 Bit D/A Decoders
Voice Activated Control and Response
180Watt (45W x 4)
Rotary Volume Control
Motorized Fold-Down Face
Type II Compact Flash Card Slot
Infrared Remote Control

MSRP $ 2,699.99 US
While containing many functions, operating Joyride is simple. All main functions can be controlled by voice commands, and Joyride will respond with verbal acknowledgement. An Infrared Remote Control is included for full system control as well. Its full color display shows all major functions, as well as displaying navigation information by way of moving maps or turn-by-turn instructions when the optional GPS receiver with mapping software is connected.
Also available is the optional Large Screen Navigation system, which displays the mapping information on a 6.4" color LCD screen mounted in the front of the vehicle. When not navigating, the screen shows all major functions of Joyride's current operation mode.

Joyride's dual zone capability allows rear seat passengers to watch a DVD movie on a rear seat or overhead mounted LCD display and listen on wireless headphones, while the front seat passengers listen to the radio, or MP3 files played on a Compact Flash Card, as well as navigating using the moving map display on the front display at the same time (UC6 CD Changer and CD ROM navigation disc required). Front seat passengers also enjoy full 4 channel (with subwoofer) audio playback.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dude! you are the man PrG!

Thanks for getting those images on the screen.

The price you have is correct. Sounds steep, but when you figure in what you are getting, its really not tooooo bad. Also, considering the Pioneer DVD system we were selling was about that much and didn't include half of what the Joyride system has.

If you get something this nice somewhere, you should be able to get free installation.

I would say it is a nice alternative for someone wanting a really nice aftermarket "everything system"!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
No that's just manufacturers MSRP ... actual price is significantly less ... Expect anywhere between 1500-2300 bucks ...

PrG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Audio Control on steering wheel

Does anyone happen to know if there is an adapter that can control any of these aftermarket unit, with our Honda audio controls on the steering wheel?
Please attach a link if anyone knows.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Looks like;

Looks like "JoyRide" is the re-release of the failed AutoPC product from Claiion/Microsoft a few years back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Catbert,

I just noticed: We're two numbers apart :)

Would be interesting to find the guy (or gal) in between.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bjdurand

COOL!!! I think thats the closest two numbers so far! Have you sent your info to havasu to be included in the grid?
:29: :5: :29: :5:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not yet.

Didn't even know there was a grid. Which forum is that in?

I'll send Havasu my info :)

- Ben

1 - 17 of 17 Posts