Just receive the following message from Ray at Joshua Tree Wood trim:

Here are 2 links to for the Honda Pilot
http://www.woodtrim.com/catalog_detail.cfm?prod=5777
http://www.woodtrim.com/catalog_detail.cfm?prod=5776
Thanks.
Ray
[email protected]
http://www.woodtrim.com

I looked at the packages and they seemed pretty complete, or at least clost to the other aftermarket trim packages. Price was a little more, but accoding to the MDX folks, JTW is the superior product.

Definitely worth a look for those who are interested in the wood trim kits.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Went with the Exotic Wood Dash Kit ... Should arrive any day now ... They are an Arizona located company ... perhaps you're nearby to them ...

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Actually, I just checked they are in Scottsdale ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I stopped by their place yesterday. They were just around the corner from the shop that did my tint.

Have to say that I was pretty impressed with EWD. They have several sample kits out for display, more than they have on their web site. The one thing I did not expect was the you could NOT tell the difference between their real wood and fake wood kits.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Aside from the quantity, how does it compare to the Honda's
OEM kit? I am very much inclided to have it installed by the
dealer on delivery after hearing some stories that it may come
off e.t.c. prematurely. But, based on the looks alone, how does
the OEM compare with Joshua?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not seen either in person, so I can't judge. But from the opinions expressed on the MDX forum, the JTW kits are supposed to be the best, with EWD a close second.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another wood dash trim site is www.bodydash.com and they list a couple of sets for the Pilot (including one of the most comprehensive sets I've seen, 42 pieces (but strangely not including the 3rd row armrests)). The 42 piece is $175 including shipping, in several different "colors", but note that this is for synthetic. It says that real material is 30% more (i.e., about $53 more on the big set).
I also note that some sets on the market have the wood go all the way around the speedometer, while others have two pieces that just to the left and right side, without covering the area above the speedometer. Anyone seen how these two different approaches look in the flesh?

·
Registered
509 Posts
sdath said:
Another wood dash trim site is www.bodydash.com and they list a couple of sets for the Pilot (including one of the most comprehensive sets I've seen, 42 pieces (but strangely not including the 3rd row armrests)). The 42 piece is $175 including shipping, in several different "colors", but note that this is for synthetic. It says that real material is 30% more (i.e., about $53 more on the big set).
I also note that some sets on the market have the wood go all the way around the speedometer, while others have two pieces that just to the left and right side, without covering the area above the speedometer. Anyone seen how these two different approaches look in the flesh?
Yeah, that coverage looks pretty good - among the best I have seen. Strange though, since the other kits do include the 3rd row armrests. I did notice that this has coverage on the rear climate control panel, whereas none of the other kits include this coverage. No RES listed either.

I did notice for the Basic set, it said OEM color, and for the Full Kit it said Honda Burlwood. I wonder if these are exact matches? If so, then I could probably combine some of these pcs. with the Honda dash, interior and RES kits that I purchased from Tim. And the cost isn't too back either.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Basic Kit, Match OEM (29 pcs.) @ $140

Honda Pilot 2003-UP
Basic Kit, Match OEM (29 pcs.)

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Full Kit (42 pcs.) @ $175

Honda Pilot 2003-UP