Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Thanks to this community I knew what to look for during test drive. Liked the car and purchased our first Honda, a 2013 Pilot Touring. Did not notice any VCM issues or the sluggish pickup after complete stop issue. Looking forward to reading a lot on this forum and learning about our Pilot. Thanks once again to everyone here and glad to be part of the family!!
Regards
Talha

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks to this community I knew what to look for during test drive. Liked the car and purchased our first Honda, a 2013 Pilot Touring. Did not notice any VCM issues or the sluggish pickup after complete stop issue. Looking forward to reading a lot on this forum and learning about our Pilot. Thanks once again to everyone here and glad to be part of the family!!
Regards
Talha
Drive it ..it will come ?

Welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tahoefever. Question, what repair manual do you guys suggest for the Pilot... or is YouTube the best resource?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,024 Posts
For the repair manual I have a Haynes which covers 2003-2008. It’s adequate for minor to moderate issues. I’m not sure if they still make them for your model year.

There are also lots of good maintenance/repair posts on this forum. Also check the Maintenance forum. You might have to search a bit for what you’re looking for, but chances are if it’s not a unique issue someone has posted instructions on this site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks road2cycle, I was able to get some good information from the Maintenance forum.

Also, I got my first CEL (already!!) yesterday, Code P0847. Searching the net looks like that is due to the 3rd clutch pressure switch. Weird thing is that my D light was not blinking and just got CHECK TRANSMISSION message on the instrument cluster along with the CEL. However, this morning the CEL did not come on? Maybe Honda's are a little different, but I thought the codes had to be cleared for the CEL to turn off? The transmission is shifting fine and the fluid is clean and at level. I am guessing the switch maybe intermittent and that's why the code went away?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
There is no Haynes or anything pretty much after 2012 ..this will help you with the 2013 I use these for the 2015 and they work just fine ..I always do a double check on the electrical stuff just in case something is different..

Reactions: Talha_2013Pilot
1 - 9 of 9 Posts