Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what exactly are the stipulations for one to join?? I just bought a pilot two weeks ago from Fairfax Honda. A Sagebrush Pearl EX-L is that enough?? :) Oh yeah and I live in Ashburn....

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
klowry said:
So what exactly are the stipulations for one to join?? I just bought a pilot two weeks ago from Fairfax Honda. A Sagebrush Pearl EX-L is that enough?? :) Oh yeah and I live in Ashburn....
You don't even have to own a Pilot to join. Just being interested is enough. Join the fun! This is a great group! You learn a lot here too.:)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Tampa Bay Huh?

klowry said:
I grew up in Tampa, how long have you been there?
Since Christmas of 96. Originally from Wisconsin. They're in the process of redoing malfunction junction now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it was too long ago... And I was too young to know what malfunction junction is.. I went to elementary and junior high school there and I would have just had my ten year reunion from the high scholl there last year, so it has been a while..

How come you chose to join the DC club? Or are you just a member of all the clubs and how in the H*LL can you keep up with all the posts and info? I feel like a sponge, soaking it all up. I wish I had found it before I bought my Honda, not that it would have changed anything.

I am on a mad search for dog crates that will fit in the back of my Pilot. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
klowry said:
I guess it was too long ago... And I was too young to know what malfunction junction is.. I went to elementary and junior high school there and I would have just had my ten year reunion from the high scholl there last year, so it has been a while..

How come you chose to join the DC club? Or are you just a member of all the clubs and how in the H*LL can you keep up with all the posts and info? I feel like a sponge, soaking it all up. I wish I had found it before I bought my Honda, not that it would have changed anything.

I am on a mad search for dog crates that will fit in the back of my Pilot. Any ideas?
Malfunction juntion is the downtown interchange and a nortorius traffic bottleneck.

I follow threads that are interesting to me I wasn't even aware that I was involved in in any threads in the DC club. I suspect it has something to do with kemosabe. :)

I have to let a lot of threads go especially during the week but I keep my eyes open because fairly regulary thread drift brings out valuable gems of information.

I just read your dog crate thread unfortunately I know nothing about them. Sorry.

·
Registered
283 Posts
klowry welcome to the group. There is nothing you have to do to join the DC/Metro area group. This is just part of the forum for people to talk about MD/VA related events.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Welcome to honda-pilot.org, klowry!!! Glad to have you aboard -- if you get a chance, take a look at this thread: VIN Numbers - Aggregated -- it's a table that has VINs and member havasu (who maintains it) would be more than happy to include yours!!! :4: Enjoy the site!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome klowry!

You are really going to like it here...great prople and friendly conversation/information. Just be careful you may get addicted!

I really like the "Weather Tech" brand of products and they have a great Pet Tent
if you want to check it out...

Click Here to see the Weather Tech Pet Tent

See you around!

Don & Brenda

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thank you Everyone for the warm welcome!! This is great! The only problem I see is how am I ever going to get any work done with all this useful information to explore? I don't see how everyone is able to keep up with it all! I am still trying to take it all in. Out of curiosity, do you all ever get together for a Pilot picnic or Hike or anything?

Well off I go to the forums to see what everyone has to say about bike racks for the hitch.

Thanks again, and nice to meet everyone!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome klowry!!! Nice to meet you too! :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Thanks

klowry said:
Thank you Everyone for the warm welcome!! Out of curiosity, do you all ever get together for a Pilot picnic or Hike or anything?

To my knowledge, I don't believe any gatherings of Pilot.org members have taken place yet, though I think our friends in Nevada are tossing around the idea. But I'm a relative newcomer to the board......can someone else weigh in on whether any Pilot meets have taken place to date? Or how much interest there would be in doing something?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks

Ziploc said:

To my knowledge, I don't believe any gatherings of Pilot.org members have taken place yet, though I think our friends in Nevada are tossing around the idea. But I'm a relative newcomer to the board......can someone else weigh in on whether any Pilot meets have taken place to date? Or how much interest there would be in doing something?
Check out the OKI Forum (Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana). They've met a couple of times and have posted pics! :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks

Ziploc said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

Or how much interest there would be in doing something?
I'd be interested in doing something locally... driving to Nevada for a get-together, though, would be a long shot... :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi klowry...

Actually I have been fishing for ideas for a Pilot get together...

But, I am on the left coast and will be trying to get something started here...at least first.

I liked your idea of a "Hike" or "Picnic."
I was really thinking about an outing to a ghost town in the area. What do you think?

Kemosabe is not interested in coming to Nevada because he is on the line for the door prize and contestants for the wet t-shirt contest. he he he...

Don

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Hi klowry...

dandbtucker said:
Actually I have been fishing for ideas for a Pilot get together...

But, I am on the left coast and will be trying to get something started here...at least first.

I liked your idea of a "Hike" or "Picnic."
I was really thinking about an outing to a ghost town in the area. What do you think?

Kemosabe is not interested in coming to Nevada because he is on the line for the door prize and contestants for the wet t-shirt contest. he he he...

Don
Wish I were closer to Nevada......I'd think an outing to a ghost town would be really cool. Unfortunately, not many ghost towns in the greater Wash.-Balt. area.........

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Sage said:

Check out the OKI Forum (Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana). They've met a couple of times and have posted pics! :D
Thanks for the link, Sage. It did jog my memory about that meet....some pretty nifty pictures of Pilots and Piloters! Interesting choice of cuisine......buffalo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Road Trip... I am always up for a Road Trip but Nevada is a bit too far for me!!! Thanks though, I can't wait to see what they end up doing, meantime, I will keep an eye on any potential events posted around here. :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thanks

kemosabe said:

I'd be interested in doing something locally... driving to Nevada for a get-together, though, would be a long shot... :)
Well then - how 'bout someplace central - like COLORADO!!!!!

:2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts