Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone read Jay Leno's article in the September Conde Nast Traveler about driving on the Autobahn. Good reading. He rented a Corvette over the Fourth of July holiday and did a "quick" tour of Germany. Unfortunately, they do not have the story posted online. Read it in a co-workers magazine at work. I was tempted to scan in a copy. Here is the cover:

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Synopsis

Car-crazy Jay Leno, with wife, Mavis, riding shotgun, drives the autobahn in Germany in an all-American Corvette at speeds of up to 165 mph. He covers about 1,000 miles in four days, and relates his adventures in a way that makes us happy to be along for the ride.

·
Registered
592 Posts
No, did not read it. Don't remember him mentioning on his late-night monologues either. Not that he usually would.... but

Would be interested in reading the article if you can point me to the scanned image or online.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You know, if you look closely at this pic, you can see something pretty interesting on the switchback behind Leno...

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey, that looks suspiciously like a Havasu blue color pilot? Could it be?

Ummm, autobahn, were you following Leno around :2:

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! I like it. That is why I love this board. Thanks. For the record, think that is the Mosel River between the Rhine and the roman city of Trier that "we" were driving.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes, but given your previous posts with those amphibious cars, we wouldn't put it past you!

LOL, that's some great digital detective work SkyPilot!

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts