Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a transmission imported from Japan from JDM and they sent it to me with a broken solenoid. I emailed them about it and they said that I need to transfer every single solenoid from my old transmission to the new one due to the difference in the ECU? There was nothing in the description about doing this so my question is, is the owner of this transmission trying to get out of making things right with the broken solenoid or is it true that Japanese transmissions have different solenoid reaistance values?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Should be the same tranny both are Japanese could always just order a brand new and be done with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be the same tranny both are Japanese could always just order a brand new and be done with it.
Thank you for your response, I agree that it should be but the owner of the transmission told me otherwise so i need 100 percent sure answers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I bought a transmission imported from Japan from JDM and they sent it to me with a broken solenoid. I emailed them about it and they said that I need to transfer every single solenoid from my old transmission to the new one due to the difference in the ECU? There was nothing in the description about doing this so my question is, is the owner of this transmission trying to get out of making things right with the broken solenoid or is it true that Japanese transmissions have different solenoid reaistance values?
Is this for a Pilot? I thought that the Pilot was made in Canada and the USA.

·
Administrator
15,524 Posts
I'm fearful you have bought yourself into an expensive mistake, as the Pilot and MDX have only ever been made in the North America. Always believed all their five and six speed transmissions are US built. Even in the earliest Pilot years there were major changes in transmission designs/model number designations.
What year vehicle do you have? What model transmission did you import?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm fearful you have bought yourself into an expensive mistake, as the Pilot and MDX have only ever been made in the North America. Always believed all their five and six speed transmissions are US built. Even in the earliest Pilot years there were major changes in transmission designs/model number designations.
What year vehicle do you have? What model transmission did you import?
Japan has the MDX but it is not Acura, it is known as the Honda MDX, please everybody do not be concerned with the transmission they are completely identical. I just need someone to answer my original question

·
Registered
27 Posts
is the solenoid internal or external of the tranny?

When you buy a Japanese " take off" you do need to transfer all the hang on parts, they are not guaranteed as many can break during shipment.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Japan has the MDX but it is not Acura, it is known as the Honda MDX, please everybody do not be concerned with the transmission they are completely identical. I just need someone to answer my original question
Can you compare the solenoid part nubmers for JDM Honda MDX and NA Pilot?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is the solenoid internal or external of the tranny?

When you buy a Japanese " take off" you do need to transfer all the hang on parts, they are not guaranteed as many can break during shipment.
Thank you for your response, the solenoid that broke was external. Now when I transfer over the parts will I need new gaskets? and where would I be able to find them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts