Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

J-Series Supercharger

3851 Views 43 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  aggrex
Hello everyone, I'm fairly new here, I've only had my 2011 Pilot Touring 4WD for a year now.
My name is Armin, I'm 42 yrs old, from So Cal, Veteran from the Marine Corps and Air Force.
With the exception of my previous vehicle, a 2013 Mini Cooper S, all my vehicles have been Honda since day one.
My first car was a 1984 Honda CRX HF, and have had a myriad of other CRXs, Civics, Ridgeline all the way to a 93 NSX and a few CBR 600RR bikes as well.

I am currently enrolled back in school using the VA, going for an advanced manufacturing degree. My school has all sorts of CNC machines donated by Haas Automation which are headquartered out of my hometown of Oxnard, CA and they have a partnership with the school. I just started the semester, and will be working mostly with milling this semester.

Seeing how PrankParts no longer makes the M90 GM supercharger adapter for the Honda J-35, I asked my professor if I could make the adapter plates as a personal project and he said yes, and willing to help me. I'm not an expert by any means, but if you have experience/knowledge with boosting and tuning Hondas, I'd love to get more info on what else I would need to do.

Whoever the guy is on YouTube that supercharged a 1st Gen Honda Pilot has since sold the Pilot and removed the supercharge I believe, and not a whole lot of info was shared.
Look forward to getting this project done in the next few months. I might even make a few extra kits to sell and for less than what PrankParts was asking, depending on material costs, if anyone else would be interested. Like I said, i'm just starting school, but will be doing this as I learn more about machining. I will be making this specifically for the J35Z4 but I believe most J-Series engines have/share similar intake manifolds.

Product Automotive exterior Automotive tire Font Auto part

Product Auto part Font Cylinder Metal
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm a vet as well (Army) and drive a 2009 Pilot EX-L with 125K miles. If you're making custom projects, would you consider a cat converter shield? I've not been able to find a solid steel shield for our cars. I believe your 2011 and my 2009 have the exact same chassis dimensions. I'm in SC as well.
Have you checked out the company Cat Security?

· Registered
2009 Honda Pilot EX-L
49 Posts
Have you checked out the company Cat Security?

It's not available for the Pilot, only for the CRV and Element. Turns out the Pilot is not high on the hit list for some reason. I want the shield for a piece of mind.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts