Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up my Nighthawk Black EX-L RES #18094. Just a few observations for those interested:

1) I have sprayed my windshield on at least 4 occasions while attempting to pull the shift lever from P to R. After much cursing and cleaning of windshield, hood and roof I finally think I have it down. Brainiac!!!

2)The spray nozzels have leaked on 2 occasions.

3)Trying to figure out the DVD player in the dark was frustrating (I found the volume control on the headsets the following day...in the daylight...DVD is sooo cool)

4)The Pilot is EXTREMELY easy to drive even on the Beltway. Anyone should feel comfortable after only a few minutes behind the wheel.

5)The running boards are essentially useless for ingress/egress(solely for aesthetic purposes)

6)Rubber floor mats don't cover dead pedal...dumb.

7)The passenger side window seal wasn't properly installed...I popped it in place myself.

8)Nighthawk Black has tons of blue in it...kinda like Superman's hair.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Despite the above grievances I love it! Soooooo glad I didn't buy Ford Exploder and happy to be in the Pilot family!

Duckie

·
Registered
316 Posts
Chalk up another one for NBP. The Blue metallic specs are way cool huh? WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome fellow NB .... Keep us posted on any new developments on your PILOT ...

PrG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will definitely keep you all posted. This is my seventh black car in 12 years...can't imagine any other color. The metallic threw me a curve at first, but it is growing on me quickly. My first tailgate is in 3 weeks. I predict it will be more than capable!

Duckie

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Aaah the wonderful joys of tailgating ... I suspect the PILOT will be perfect for it ...

Hope to see you on the roads in DC, VA, MD sometime ... That is if I ever get home ...

PrG

·
Registered
316 Posts
PrG said:
Aaah the wonderful joys of tailgating ... I suspect the PILOT will be perfect for it ...

Hope to see you on the roads in DC, VA, MD sometime ... That is if I ever get home ...

PrG
So you'd rather go to a Redskins / Wizards game than hang out at the beach and drive around in Hawaii. You must not be there by choice. On second thought if you hop on a plane now and have the Pilot shipped with you, you can make it back in time for opening day. Who knows MJ may even play for you guys again when hoops starts up.:4:

·
Registered
39 Posts
PrG said:

PrG
You don't want to be here today--the "real feel" temperature is up over 105, in the shade! :1:

Hey Duckie, I never noticed the blue specs in our Nighthawk Black EX-L RES number 8707--have to take a look later.

Superman's hair? :eek: LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, when the sun hits it, the blue really lights up. You have to check yours out. Although the sun is having difficulting cutting through the haze today :cool: Keep in touch fellow NBPs.

artjohn said:

You don't want to be here today--the "real feel" temperature is up over 105, in the shade! :1:

Hey Duckie, I never noticed the blue specs in our Nighthawk Black EX-L RES number 8707--have to take a look later.

Superman's hair? :eek: LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dealer called me, my SS Pilot EX-RES has arrived. BUT..... it might be till next Thursday before they can truck it in ($275). Men so close.....urggg......I want my Pilot now! He is going to call me back if I can pick it up without paying California taxes and just pay my State tax of Nevada which is about 1% cheaper.

·
Registered
395 Posts
duckie said:
This is my seventh black car in 12 years...can't imagine any other color.
You obviously don't live in the sunbelt.
;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts