Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

It's here, full replacement 10" android headunit for 3rd gen pilot

21K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  3GP 
#1 ·
For 3rd gen 2016-2018 Pilots, there is now a full replacement aftermarket headunit available. https://www.seicane.com/android-car-dvd-gps/android-honda-car-dvd-gps/filter/car_make_honda/pilot These look OEM as you can see and give you an even bigger screen without making it look like its out of place. The only problem is no one has tried it for the Pilot and its a mystery if all the plugs are there to make sure all the features of the vehicle is retained especially with upper trim models. However, I have seen these things for other cars like the current gen civic and accord and many are happy with them and most of the features work. if you want to see an EXAMPLE here is similar unit on a current gen civic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpzcDRcjCkw&t=13s

for those who want to see how the civic folks are doing with theirs here is the thread
keep in mind many different brands but generally similar/same just rebranded china stuff

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
  • Q:
  • 2016-2018 Honda Pilot install
    You are the first to have a product that actually is a full replacement built in android head unit replacement for the 2016-2018 honda pilot. It looks like the original very professional replacement. The big question is will all features work? Are the harness plug and play? Will it work with all the trim models (LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite)?

• Sep 3, 2019

• A:

• Dear,the unit will come with all needed cables.it is plug and play.
    Could you please send us the photo of your car's dashboard and the model and year of your car to sales@seicane.com?
    Then we can check if this unit fits your car.

By Seicane

#8 ·
This is similar to the type of unit I put in my Silverado... they basically take an android tablet and make it look very close to OEM but with the added functionality. The unit I used in my Silverado was very reliable, I was impressed. I upgraded because my Silverado did not have a color head unit and I wanted a backup camera, not sure I'd look to do it in a Pilot though, I'd look more towards a NavTool or something to allow added functionality.

#9 ·
This is similar to the type of unit I put in my Silverado... they basically take an android tablet and make it look very close to OEM but with the added functionality.
That makes sense. I've seen DIY videos on adapting cheap tablets to replace head units in cars. They would just have to add all the electronics for amplification and all the data and power inputs/outputs that need to tie it to the car.

I think I've read of some owners using the "Honda hack" for their head units, as they are Android powered. I wouldn't mind that but ultimately I'm into upgrades to get the media playback and sound quality I'm after, and gaining reliable Android Auto as well.

#11 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no mention of an internal amplifier. If that is truly the case, then the swap will involve a lot more work. Now you are talking about at least a 4 channel external amplifier and the associated wiring. That being said, I'm still extremely interested.

#17 ·
For that price, a used CarPlay etc Honda brand screen set up seems to me to be better value. CHECK WWW.CAR-Part.com for your local options
For an elite trim, would you search up player or display screen?
I’m familiar with seeing car-part and LKQ on here for sourcing a radio but always have trouble trying to find a compatible head unit. At this point I’d pay some to find one for me lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.