Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on this page for many, many months now. I did lots of reading here and other places and I'm pleased to say that you folks did have a little say in the new car purchase (ordered it in November).
Well, my wife called and it arrived yesterday and we are picking it up tonight.
This is our first foreign car, so I hope it's all it's supposed to be.
(I wanted the Yukon, but it was a bit big for her to get in garage).

I'm afraid that after following this site I will know more about this car than the sales guy does ;-{)

Thanks again for all of the great input (even if you didn't know you were giving it)!!

Gary.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Enjoy

By the way, its not a foreign car. It is made in Canada. Unless you consider Canada a foreign country. I am not Canadian but as far as my map shows, Canada is in North america. Canadians are American too.
You may want to check to see where Yukins are made. I had a Tahoe and it came from Mexico.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ahh, hate to break it too ya, but we are foreign.. Canada is a separate nation.. Figured you knew that already, but we an't Americans...

At least not yet!!

:2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
YIPPEE!! :D

Welcome booger!

Have a ball tonight and keep us posted!!
Oh yea... It IS ok to sleep in the garage tonight with the new baby. :2:

·
Registered
725 Posts
To: Booger

What part of Colorado are you from and what dealership did you get your PILOT from????

My wife and I are in Parker, Colorado!!!!

Welcome and congrats on the purchase of a vehicle that you should be completely impressed with!!!!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice car. What is it about that new car smell??
Seems to run good and is easy to drive. I'm not even going to check the gas milage until we get a few thousand miles on it.
Only found one thing wrong, the sensor that shuts of the side airbag doesn't seem to work at all. But hey, I never expect anything mechanical that's this large to be be perfect.
So a service was set up to look at it the next morning.

Probably the only thing I would change on it at this point is the side mirrors. I like BIG mirrors, so all cars of this type have too small of mirrors ;-{)

Had a hoot with the sales guy when going over the car. I did know as much about it as he did thanks to you folks. He asked how I knew all this and I informed him of this sight and he was excited to check it out.

PILOTinginCO, we're in Ft. Collins. Bought it from Markley Motors. I bought it from them for sticker (which just about killed me!!!) because at the time I couldn't find anyone in CO that was selling them for less.

I'm already looking at the intake change mentioned on this site, but will wait until I get a good baseline on MPG first.

Thanks again.
G.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
booger said:

PILOTinginCO, we're in Ft. Collins. Bought it from Markley Motors. I bought it from them for sticker (which just about killed me!!!) because at the time I couldn't find anyone in CO that was selling them for less.
Gary,
I missed this post when it came through, although you and I have since exchanged mail concerning our "other" Honda's! :29:

When I was "shopping", I contacted virtually every dealer in Colorado and several in Wyoming, Nebraska and even in New Mexico. Best deal I found was way down in Farmington NM, but just too darn far to go I felt. I tried to deal with Markley as they are my closest dealer - also Frontier in Longmont. Neither would budge off of MSRP. I finally struck a "decent" deal at the Laramie dealer. Not a lot off MSRP, but enough to make it worth my while - plus it's always a fun drive up 287 to Laramie.

Anyway - welcome aboard!

rod

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: To: Booger

PILOTinginCO said:
What part of Colorado are you from and what dealership did you get your PILOT from????

My wife and I are in Parker, Colorado!!!!

Welcome and congrats on the purchase of a vehicle that you should be completely impressed with!!!!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO
It's nice to see some more Colorado Piloteers! :7:

I've seen a couple other Pilots in Loveland, but I have never seen any posts here (yet). There is one member up in Estes too.

rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts