Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2013 pilot that it's having starting issues. Intermittently it will take 5 or more seconds to start. It doesn't do it every time. I've changed the battery and starter and have no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hi everyone I have a 2013 pilot that it's having starting issues. Intermittently it will take 5 or more seconds to start. It doesn't do it every time. I've changed the battery and starter and have no idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forums .. Lets start off any codes ? I assume none? … any change in fuel locations ? when was the last time you did a tune up also... what is the mileage of your ride ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes, no change in fuel stations. I haven't changed spark plugs or wires, I believe those are original. I have 92000 miles on it. About a year ago I had all fluids flushed.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
If the hard-to-start is predominantly on warm restart, check fuel pressure and specifically the leak-down time. A leaking injector will wet the spark plug but may be hard to determine without pulling all the plugs and sniffing while engine is still hot. The fuel pressure regulator may be leaking, detectable by looking for fuel in the vacuum connection and with a Miti-Vac type tester. But the basic pressure and leakdown-time test with a gauge will tell you if either of these is possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I have a 2012 pilot and am having same issue. I have changed plugs
Hello I have a 2012 pilot and I am having same problem. I have changed battery, plugs and coils. Did you ever figure out problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have a 2012 pilot and I am having same problem. I have changed battery, plugs and coils. Did you ever figure out problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2010 Honda Pilot with 91k miles on it and I have the same problem on cold starts. Acts normally after that. I have no error codes, I do have a newer battery (like a year old maybe) ....I havent done anything else. I dont think its the starter since it seems to work find after that cold crank. Anyone figure this one out yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. Mine does it when the engine is cold or hot, it doesn't do it the same time. Sometimes it does it on cold start, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it does it on a hot engine, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't seen any sort of pattern yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts