Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading this review of the 2016 model does not inspire confidence to someone researching new SUVs:
2016 Honda Pilot Long-Term Test Wrap-Up | Review | Car and Driver

Specifically these issues:

Is the cruise-control system messed up, or does it just suck? -Rusty Blackwell

How did this throttle calibration ever leave the proving ground? Low-speed and standing-start responses are as bad as I've driven. -Josh Jacquot​

Can anyone confirm whether they remain / have been fixed in the years since the 2016 line was released? I'm planning on using adaptive cruise control heavily and would be concerned if it can't maintain a set speed. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Adaptive cruise works fine in our 2019, although it is a bit aggressive if someone moves in front of us, like slam on the brakes vs just casually slow down.

The throttle calibration is perfect, that car drives very nice.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Drive one. don't rely on what people say.....

throttle calibration has 3 modes. Eco which is super slow response, D standard response and S sport much better response. Also depends on the transmission they are driving.

Cruise Control has always been fine, you see no complaints on this forum about it.

Don't be the internet generation and believe what everyone writes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drive one. don't rely on what people say.....

throttle calibration has 3 modes. Eco which is super slow response, D standard response and S sport much better response. Also depends on the transmission they are driving.

Cruise Control has always been fine, you see no complaints on this forum about it.

Don't be the internet generation and believe what everyone writes.
Thanks for the response. I did also notice that there were no complaints about the cruise control in this forum. As far as not believing what everyone writes..agree there 100%. I took a longer test drive of a 2019 Pilot yesterday and used the ACC extensively. It worked perfectly. Really enjoyed driving the car overall. Didn't get a chance to play with the driving modes - but it performed just fine for our tastes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adaptive cruise works fine in our 2019, although it is a bit aggressive if someone moves in front of us, like slam on the brakes vs just casually slow down.

The throttle calibration is perfect, that car drives very nice.
Interesting, in my test drive I didn't get a chance to experience what happens when a car moves in front suddenly. The braking of the adaptive cruise seemed very gentle for the most part when necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts