Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

601 - 620 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Any one know what the most recent software update ( 2019 ) is about? Where can i go to find out?
I noticed that the auto stop did not come on as often compare to a few weeks ago. I am not sure if it is just my imagination or actually something was done to it..
Perhaps there is no update and i just got confused as i also have RDX 2019 and was just recently updated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

Any one know what the most recent software update ( 2019 ) is about? Where can i go to find out?

I noticed that the auto stop did not come on as often compare to a few weeks ago. I am not sure if it is just my imagination or actually something was done to it..

Perhaps there is no update and i just got confused as i also have RDX 2019 and was just recently updated.
Which do you like better Pilot or RDX?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife drive the rdx most of the time
It is very sporty and turn really well because is the SH AWD
It is only the base model, so not as quite as the pilot.
But the gas mileage is not as I expected, only about 18 mpg, mostly local 10 plus miles trip

The pilot is very quite and the ride is very smooth

I am 6’1” so really enjoy the space in the driver sest and the head room

I actually like both

·
Registered
75 Posts
We just got our car back from the dealership after they replaced a faulty driver side front door window regulator; this is the second time its been replaced. Having the window regulator in the same door go out twice in six months is a bit concerning with about of year of warranty left.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My primary issue has been the brakes. Very inconsistent.
Other than that, there has been a weird intermittent squeak coming from one of the belts. Way too early in the life of the car to be squeaking.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
We purchased a 2017 Pilot EX-L new and have loved it. We’ve babied this thing (our first new car) and it’s been to the dealer every 7k for oil and checkup.

I hopped in our Pilot on Friday and within a minute of driving noticed the trans was slipping for 1-1.5 seconds and then shifting hard.

It didn’t matter how little or much gas I gave it, kept slipping for probably 20% of it’s shifts. I immediately called the dealer and headed in. It continued on the freeway on the way to the dealer.

Dropped it off, they flushed the trans and did software upgrades and the tech told me the fluid was black. Not a good thing at under 20k.

I was told to take it home and let them know if there were further problems. On my way home (under 5miles) the trans slipped worse than before, this time for up to three seconds and then banged very hard into gear (I let off the gas as soon as it started to slip).

It continued this the entire way home. It also threw a trans and emissions code error on the way home. Called the dealer, dropped it off this morning. They said they’d look at it.

Has anyone else had trans problems? Any advice for me? We’re not exactly wealthy and purchased a Pilot because we wanted something reliable, but this has been a terrible experience thus far. I’m worried that we’ll have major problems down the road and I’ll be faced with huge repairs. Thank you for any input you can provide.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brand new 2019 Honda Pilot Elite. Major issues with Infotainment system. Loud crackles and sound cuts out. Even with volume off, it is a super loud pops and crackles.
Then the screen will flash and go dark. Spedometer goes black too. Sometimes will come back. Sometimes gets stuck in infinite loop of turning off and rebooting and then turning off again over and over. It's terrible. I can't even use the speedometer or the safety features. It's a safety concern on so many levels.
Hard reboot does not fix the issue. It keeps getting worse and worse.

I took to the dealership and they said "it is a software issue. There should be a fix coming sometime in October."

That's ridiculous. 3 more months with a basically unusable infotainment system on a 50K vehicle. This is a software issue that makes the car unsafe to drive.
Trying to decide if I will hire a lawyer and turn it back in as a Lemon, or if I will join the class action lawsuit... or both.

I've bought nothing but Honda cars for the last 12 years. I think this will be my last. Absolutely awful. And indefensible that they've known of this issue and continued to sell this vehicle and haven't issued a patch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is the dealership where I bought the vehicle. And all other dealerships continue to sell the Pilot while knowing full-well that it has a completely defective infotainment system that causes you to lose speedometer and safety features while driving. It's indefensible.
They are saying it is "software" but nobody at the dealership seems confident that it is the case. They are just repeating what corporate Honda techs are telling them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If they tell you that "it's software" then I'd say "perhaps, but it's software delivered by Honda that is integral to basic Pilot functions. Now whose job is it to fix it?"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Brand new 2019 Honda Pilot Elite. Major issues with Infotainment system. Loud crackles and sound cuts out. Even with volume off, it is a super loud pops and crackles.
Then the screen will flash and go dark. Spedometer goes black too. Sometimes will come back. Sometimes gets stuck in infinite loop of turning off and rebooting and then turning off again over and over. It's terrible. I can't even use the speedometer or the safety features. It's a safety concern on so many levels.
Hard reboot does not fix the issue. It keeps getting worse and worse.

I took to the dealership and they said "it is a software issue. There should be a fix coming sometime in October."

That's ridiculous. 3 more months with a basically unusable infotainment system on a 50K vehicle. This is a software issue that makes the car unsafe to drive.
Trying to decide if I will hire a lawyer and turn it back in as a Lemon, or if I will join the class action lawsuit... or both.

I've bought nothing but Honda cars for the last 12 years. I think this will be my last. Absolutely awful. And indefensible that they've known of this issue and continued to sell this vehicle and haven't issued a patch.
About 1.5 months ago, I was in the same boat and feeling the same way as you are now. I decided best course of action was to allow my dealer to attempt to repair and then start the lemon law process. They wanted to replace the dash harness. The did so, did a fantastic job (no scratches, nicks, scrapes, nothing loose, can't tell they were in there) and the replacement solved the problem for me. I haven't had a single issue with the infotainment system since.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Probably cuz it's made in the US. I'm as American as the next guy, but a lot of American workers just don't care. Don't buy it if it was made on a Friday or Monday! LoL
Don't forget that many of the components being used in just about any modern vehicles today are manufactured in China, Mexico, Brazil, Aisa, Korea, etc. All because the cost is much lower than items built here.

Can't blame the workers when they have substandard parts to begin with.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Don't forget that many of the components being used in just about any modern vehicles today are manufactured in China, Mexico, Brazil, Aisa, Korea, etc. All because the cost is much lower than items built here.

Can't blame the workers when they have substandard parts to begin with.
True. But I feel the finished product will depend on who is putting it together. You can't blame the guy building it if the fuel injectors suck, but he can certainly screw up installation of good ones. I think overall Honda is still better than a lot of vehicles. I had my 2017 EX-L for two years with no issues at all. I'll see how this 2019 does. I feel most issues seem to be with touring and up. I see a lot of complaints come from touring and Elite. Maybe it's just the threads I've read. Who knows

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recently purchased 2020 Pilot EX-L. First new car since a new 1999 Toyota Avalon. So, yes, i’ve got some adjusting to do. But today’s new seats, all firm foam without springs, are really hard. What’s up with that? And...the Pilot driver seat bottom tilts back too far even when adjusted as far as the motor will move it to tilt forward/downward. Like sitting in a cup. Anyone know if it’s possible to add height risers on the back floor attachments to raise the back and tilt seat forward?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Recently purchased 2020 Pilot EX-L. First new car since a new 1999 Toyota Avalon. So, yes, i’ve got some adjusting to do. But today’s new seats, all firm foam without springs, are really hard. What’s up with that? And...the Pilot driver seat bottom tilts back too far even when adjusted as far as the motor will move it to tilt forward/downward. Like sitting in a cup. Anyone know if it’s possible to add height risers on the back floor attachments to raise the back and tilt seat forward?
Not trying to be 'smart', but an honest question... did you not test drive the car? If you don't like the seats (too hard and too tilted), why did you buy it? The seating position and comfort would definitely be a deal breaker for me if they were not to my liking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not trying to be 'smart', but an honest question... did you not test drive the car? If you don't like the seats (too hard and too tilted), why did you buy it? The seating position and comfort would definitely be a deal breaker for me if they were not to my liking.
Reasonable question. Yes, I test drove it, but the discomfort doesn’t become apparent until you’ve sat on it a while. Then you realize that your butt hurts and that there’s pressure on the backs of your thighs. First inclination is to grab the electric seat adjustment lever and lower the front of the seat bottom, only to find there’s no further downward adjustment. After you play with the seat a while, you realize that the whole range of adjustment is too far backward. The range of adjustment needs to be shifted forward. For example, If you tilt the seat backward as far as it will go, even a long-armed driver could not reach the steering wheel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reasonable question. Yes, I test drove it, but the discomfort doesn’t become apparent until you’ve sat on it a while. Then you realize that your butt hurts and that there’s pressure on the backs of your thighs. First inclination is to grab the electric seat adjustment lever and lower the front of the seat bottom, only to find there’s no further downward adjustment. After you play with the seat a while, you realize that the whole range of adjustment is too far backward. The range of adjustment needs to be shifted forward. For example, If you tilt the seat backward as far as it will go, even a long-armed driver could not reach the steering wheel.
Then I'd probably go with something like this before tinkering with the seat mounts:

If you tinker with the seat mounts and have a collision, who knows if it's still safe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
[QUOTE="HondaKane, post: 1617664, member:
✂ Snip...snip....snip... ✂
They are saying it is "software" but nobody at the dealership seems confident that it is the case. They are just repeating what corporate Honda techs are telling them.
[/QUOTE]
Diagnosing intermittent problems is something very few people can do properly. Software issues are never intermittent. The software will behave the same every time, it does not change unless a tech has updated it. Intermittent problems are always electromechanical, and often triggered by motion and/or thermal change.

601 - 620 of 628 Posts