Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

581 - 600 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad your dealer was able to take care of your issue. But I'm a bit surprised. That TSB is for 2016 and not 2017, and it's for specific vin ranges. I guess the repair procedure still applies for later years.
The tsb bulletin was provided by the Honda tech line to the dealership for this repair, which removed the abnormal noise the engine was making. I'm happy with the repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently got our 2016 Pilot, and saw how the fingerprints messed up the screen, so I got a RUIYA
[NEWEST] 2016-2017 HONDA Pilot Ridgeline 8-inch In-Dash Screen Protector, HD Clear Tempered Glass Car Navigation Screen Protective Film, Compatible with LX EX EX-L Touring Elite ($11.99) through amazon.com.

I've used this company's products before, so confident it would be good.

Well, the bottom edge of the screen cover refuses to stick down, apparently due to the curvature of the monitor. I have even tried using a narrow strip of 'Gorilla Tape', and it just won't stay stuck down.
If I leave it like this, I'm sure it will eventually just fall off some day.

I just read in this thread that someone planned on making a screen shade, and that is also what I will now fashion, probably using a plastic container of some sort, and painting it flat black. I will have to do some thinking about how to get it attached to the dash so it doesn't look too bad.

When I git 'er done, I'll post a pic or two to show what I did, if it works, of course! LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L. Lately my driver's seat has been making noises when I move in the seat or when I am turning. I can't really explain the noise, but I know its there. Any one have any similarities?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is it like a creeking noise? I hear this when starting to go from a stop. It is annoying.
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L. Lately my driver's seat has been making noises when I move in the seat or when I am turning. I can't really explain the noise, but I know its there. Any one have any similarities?
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
When fuelling, the pump didn't stop and overfilled to the point to where gas shot out of the cap. I didn't have a siphon to remove gas and was in the middle of nowhere so I didn't have much choice other than to drive with an overfilled gas tank.

Has anyone experienced this before? This is the first time this has ever happened, or within approximately 50 fill ups.

Should I be making a new thread for this or is posting here fine?

Edit: LPT: Buy a couple feet of airline tubing to use as a siphon. I'm not sure about how wide the provided funnel for the Pilot is, but make sure it fits. As for length, longer would probably be better because no one wants a mouth full of gasoline. There is also a method where you put in another hose (making it two) and a rag, use the rag to cover any air that can escape, and blowing into the second hose.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When fuelling, the pump didn't stop and overfilled to the point to where gas shot out of the cap. I didn't have a siphon to remove gas and was in the middle of nowhere so I didn't have much choice other than to drive with an overfilled gas tank.

Has anyone experienced this before? This is the first time this has ever happened, or within approximately 50 fill ups.

Edit: LPT: Buy a couple feet of airline tubing to use as a siphon. I'm not sure about how wide the provided funnel for the Pilot is, but make sure it fits. As for length, longer would probably be better because no one wants a mouth full of gasoline. There is also a method where you put in another hose (making it two) and a rag, use the rag to cover any air that can escape, and blowing into the second hose.

Edit 2: Link to an alternative method with two hoses and a rag (YouTube) ; not sure how this will work with the capless system. I don't know if a funnel is required when putting the hose into the gas "cap", but I'll have to put all of this to the test in the future.

Pump malfunction, don't worry about it just drive it. Don't go jamming hoses down the capless filler, you will damage the seals and create a new problem if not using the provided funnel. One time overfill shouldn't hurt it, you just don't want to routinely and damage the evap canister.

·
Registered
270 Posts

Edit 2: Link to an alternative method with two hoses and a rag (YouTube) ; not sure how this will work with the capless system. I don't know if a funnel is required when putting the hose into the gas "cap", but I'll have to put all of this to the test in the future.
Yes! this has happened to me on my 2016 and i thought i did something wrong

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pump malfunction, don't worry about it just drive it. Don't go jamming hoses down the capless filler, you will damage the seals and create a new problem if not using the provided funnel. One time overfill shouldn't hurt it, you just don't want to routinely and damage the evap canister.
Thank you for the reply! I'd shoot you over a like but it seems like that feature is nowhere to be found.

Yes! this has happened to me on my 2016 and i thought i did something wrong
How long ago did this happen to you and have you had any issues since?

·
Registered
976 Posts
does the tranny issue only apply to the zf9? how about the 6 speed on the ex-l?
From what I have read here, it seems to affect both 9 and 6 speed transmissions, although with different symptoms and outcomes. Some are just minor annoyances, while others are major repair/replacements.

M

·
0 Posts
2019 rattle from drivers side B pillar

I have a 2019 Touring with rattle that sounds like it is coming from shoulder belt anchor (the one that is adjustable). Passenger side doesn’t make same noise when going over bumps. Possible it’s coming from somewhere else. Anyone else with a similar issue and was there a fix? Will take to dealer, but hoping to provide as much info as possible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
HI
i have a 2019 8 seat touring. I am not a mechanic nor a DIYer. I have been reading the forum and learnt so much from all of you.
I have a new questions.
My pilot’s second row seat push button work well at the right side where the 1/3 half of the bench seat is. One push of the button and the back tilt and the whole seat roll forward. However, the 2/3 side is much more sluggish. The back of the seat only move a little and i have to use my hand to push the back and the seat forward. I bought it to the service department at the dealer at NY naunet and then another dealer in NJ, both said they don’t find any problem with the push button and said is because the seat at the 2/3 side is heavier. I find it hard to believe. After my search on the internet, it is possible that the hydraulic pressure is off...
All they ( both dealer ) offered was to grease up the track that the seat was sitting on.
Would llke to know if any one has the same experience and if what the mechanic said was corrected. The dealer in NJ tried to find a new touring to compare but all they have are 7 seater.

·
Registered
32 Posts
HI
i have a 2019 8 seat touring. I am not a mechanic nor a DIYer. I have been reading the forum and learnt so much from all of you.
I have a new questions.
My pilot’s second row seat push button work well at the right side where the 1/3 half of the bench seat is. One push of the button and the back tilt and the whole seat roll forward. However, the 2/3 side is much more sluggish. The back of the seat only move a little and i have to use my hand to push the back and the seat forward. I bought it to the service department at the dealer at NY naunet and then another dealer in NJ, both said they don’t find any problem with the push button and said is because the seat at the 2/3 side is heavier. I find it hard to believe. After my search on the internet, it is possible that the hydraulic pressure is off...
All they ( both dealer ) offered was to grease up the track that the seat was sitting on.
Would llke to know if any one has the same experience and if what the mechanic said was corrected. The dealer in NJ tried to find a new touring to compare but all they have are 7 seater.
Exact same behavior in my '19 EX-L. Push button makes the seat recline and the seat slide a little bit, but I have to do most of the sliding manually. Haven't had it checked out. But given your experience, I suspect I'll get the same explanation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for replying.
Is a brand new vehicle. So a bit annoy even with minor issue like that. Please have it check out when you can and let me know

581 - 600 of 628 Posts