Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

561 - 580 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Today, in the wifes '17 EX-L 5200 miles, turned on right turn signal, screen showed right side as it should. After turn and turn signal canceled screen did not time out after 2 seconds, stayed on right side display. I pulled into a parking lot, turned car off. Restarted and screen display normal. OK, now go to a different business all is fine. Park car, go in, come out start car, put into reverse and display goes black except the lines showing where I am backing show up. Back out of parking space with black screen, put into drive and all is normal, radio comes on and on way home right turn signal is working properly.

Probably a software issue?

I am 150 miles from a Honda dealer and 1400 miles from my selling dealer. Glad I bought the 8/120 service contract. Since it is working now, taking it in would be a waste of time for everyone. Right????

·
Registered
218 Posts
Today, in the wifes '17 EX-L 5200 miles, turned on right turn signal, screen showed right side as it should. After turn and turn signal canceled screen did not time out after 2 seconds, stayed on right side display. I pulled into a parking lot, turned car off. Restarted and screen display normal. OK, now go to a different business all is fine. Park car, go in, come out start car, put into reverse and display goes black except the lines showing where I am backing show up. Back out of parking space with black screen, put into drive and all is normal, radio comes on and on way home right turn signal is working properly.

I am 150 miles from a Honda dealer and 1400 miles from my selling dealer. Glad I bought the 8/120 service contract. Since it is working now, taking it in would be a waste of time for everyone. Right????

Doesn't sound like an issue yet. As for issue 1, likely bumped the camera button on the end of the turn signal stalk. Issue 2 could be as simple as dirt on the lens.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

Maybe a software glitch from a rare combination of conditions, but could be just random weirdness from flakey cheaply made hardware. If a reboot cures it, I have learned to accept occasional weirdness as "character". My 2016 has done similar things, but not very often. If it persists, try to capture an image. Probably very low yield to drive the thing to a dealer at this point. Wouldn't need to be the selling dealer, ever. Warranty is completely portable. And fortunately, Pilot will drive just fine with a hung headunit. Kinda old-school that way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks All, I probably did bump the turn signal end button which caused it to not cancel. Did not know about that button. As for the back-up camera, I'll agree it probably is/was dirt.

We are in Colorado and have been doing a bit of "dirt road trips" With the rear wiper angled such as it is, the dirt/water/dew will cause a direct drip onto the rear camera.

Last few days it has been perfect, so got to believe all issues "owner induced"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hey folks, just got back home from the service department at my local Honda. I took my Touring in for a rattling noise coming from the tailgate. It was very noticeable when going over bumps at low speed. The master tech took care of it quickly and told me that it was a loose counterweight in the tailgate. Just want to get that info out there for anyone experiencing any rattling when there should be none. Have them check that. :29:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Has anyone you lives in the NE experience all of the warning light off last week? I was on my way to my my friend garage w I was going to install new HIDs. But after we were done the lights all better. Not sure If it was the multiple day off soon zero temps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Forgive my drive n text message

·
Registered
303 Posts
Has anyone you lives in the NE experience all of the warning light off last week? I was on my way to my my friend garage w I was going to install new HIDs. But after we were done the lights all better. Not sure If it was the multiple day off soon zero temps.

Can you repeat what you were intending to 'say' in English?

Most of us do not understand ebonics nor gibberish...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can you repeat what you were intending to 'say' in English?

Most of us do not understand ebonics nor gibberish...
Sorry should not be texting and driving not a good mix. But there another thread I found where ppl had bad batteries cuz if cold causing all the warning lights to go off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Engine Noise at Idle!

Recently, my 2017 Pilot Touring with 4300 miles, had a abnormal noise coming from the front of engine, sound like possible bearing going bad. Took to dealership to check out, they found the serpertine belt tensioner pulley was bad, had to order part. Two weeks later, part arrived, had it installed, noise is gone. I feel that the engine still have some noises that is not normal to me at idle, maybe that is just how Honda engine sounds at idle. Louder and not smooth sounding like I have had on my other vehicles. Has anybody else notice this on there Honda Pilot?
I'm going to stop by the dealership and listen to the engine on other 2017 pilots. I will report what I find out.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Recently, my 2017 Pilot Touring with 4300 miles, had a abnormal noise coming from the front of engine, sound like possible bearing going bad. Took to dealership to check out, they found the serpertine belt tensioner pulley was bad, had to order part. Two weeks later, part arrived, had it installed, noise is gone. I feel that the engine still have some noises that is not normal to me at idle, maybe that is just how Honda engine sounds at idle. Louder and not smooth sounding like I have had on my other vehicles. Has anybody else notice this on there Honda Pilot?
I'm going to stop by the dealership and listen to the engine on other 2017 pilots. I will report what I find out.
Thanks for your time.
maybe it's the direct injection chatter you are hearing

·
Registered
12 Posts

Forgive my drive n text message
Yup. During the cold spell my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. As soon as it started warming up the lights went away. Very annoying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update on my engine abnormal noise, I took my Pilot to the dealership on 1/15/2018 to have them look at the noise I have from the front of the engine while at idle. The shop foreman said that was normal on some of the 2016-2017 pilot V6, he told me if I would like to leave the pilot and they would check it out, but no guarantee that they would find anything. So I when out to the new car dept. ask to listen to a new Pilot, which did not have this abnormal noise I was having with my Pilot, I when back told the service advisor. I said yes, I wanted to leave my Pilot for inspection, they provided me a loaner vehicle. 3 1/2 hours later, I received a call from the service advisor, they have to contact Honda tech line next morning for help with the abnormal noise I was hearing at idle. Next day, late afternoon, I got a call from the service advisor, updating me on what they have to do to correct the noise, there is a Honda technical service bulletin for the fix of this noise. They have to remove the timing cover and shim the timing belt idler pulley. Parts has to be ordered.
I will provide more updates after the repair is done. If I accepted the answer from the Honda foreman about most of the 2016-2017 Pilot V6 having this noise and walk away, I would have continue having this noise issue, which is not acceptable by me.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
See TSB A16-054

Today, 1/18/2018, I pickup my 2017 Pilot Touring for the repair of abnormal sound coming from timing cover area.
The dealership perform the repair per Honda TSB A16-054 bulletin which took of care of the abnormal noise. This repair fix the abnormal sound I was hearing after the engine warms up.
Take a look at this tsb bulletin, it might help anybody who it hearing abnormal sound on the front of the engine.:smile:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Today, 1/18/2018, I pickup my 2017 Pilot Touring for the repair of abnormal sound coming from timing cover area.
The dealership perform the repair per Honda TSB A16-054 bulletin which took of care of the abnormal noise. This repair fix the abnormal sound I was hearing after the engine warms up.
Take a look at this tsb bulletin, it might help anybody who it hearing abnormal sound on the front of the engine.:smile:
Glad your dealer was able to take care of your issue. But I'm a bit surprised. That TSB is for 2016 and not 2017, and it's for specific vin ranges. I guess the repair procedure still applies for later years.

561 - 580 of 628 Posts