Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 EX-L w/ Nav
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I just recently added an aftermarket amp to my 2012 EXL w/ Nav. I ran into a few snags but it is finally up and running. I am having a problem with the audible beeping noise that the HU makes every time an option is selected. Since I added the amp the sound is now very loud. It doesn’t matter if the volume on the HU is turned up or down, it stays the same. I don’t see any options in the HU menu to turn down or disable the beeping noise. Has anyone else had this issue or have suggestions?

Some background on the amp install. The aftermarket amp is run inline after the factory amp. Unfortunately the factory amp handles everything from the HU for the stereo. Only two channels go in, they get split and then 4 channels plus the sub goes out. The factory amp also handles the volume control and navigation feedback. I had to tap into the “out” speaker connections on the factory amp in order for things to work properly. At this point I don’t want to replace the HU.
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm dealing with same issue, the beeping is driving me crazy. There should been an option in the settings to disable the beeping period. I put the pilot in drive, it beeps, reverse, it beeps. And several other things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts